Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Problems with warning lights.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Problems with warning lights. Empty
PostSubject: Problems with warning lights.   Problems with warning lights. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:37 pm

After i finished replacing the thermostat the other day i have noticed that non of my warning light on the dash will turn OFF when the engine is running - its in the state like when you have the ignition on before you start the engine, i also noticed that my elect sliding door has stopped working as well. I have checked all fuses and disconnected the battery for a bit to try and reset ecu but still same? I think has something to do with the plug on the back of the alternator because i had it unpluged while replacing thermostat. This plug has something to do with the warning light circuit because if i unplug it the warning lights go out. I looked at the plug up close and all three pins are ok not broken so i guess my QUESTION is what are those three wires doing? Sliding door relay supply, battery light and the rest of the warning lights?? could there be a switching diode in the alternator thats failed? Im a domstic electrican not an auto sparks unfortunately!
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: Problems with warning lights.   Problems with warning lights. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:04 am

Ok people stop looking!!!!!! - I found it! Laughing

There are more fuses in the battery compartment, and this is where the alternator blown fuse was. All fixed every thing IS OK just calm down ok. Im ok you ok? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Problems with warning lights.   Problems with warning lights. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:50 am

And there I was booking flights to come out and help, neck a few Tooheys stubbys, I wish!

Love the easy fix.
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

PostSubject: Re: Problems with warning lights.   Problems with warning lights. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 am

Haha - Crikey mate no worries she'll be right ay come and sink some piss wid us down under - ay - good on ya cobba!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Problems with warning lights.   Problems with warning lights. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:27 pm

23:37 to 7.04 and its fixed !!!!

Some of us arent awake during that time period.

;}
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Problems with warning lights.   Problems with warning lights. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Admin wrote:

;}

Just made a mental note to see what time zone I put in lol!
Good to see all is well down south srburnsy
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 140
Home City : S Bucks
Model and year : 1990 2.4 TD 2wd Ltd
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Problems with warning lights.   Problems with warning lights. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:24 pm

Admin wrote:

;}

And mechanics would charge about £200 per hour........ Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with warning lights.   Problems with warning lights. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with warning lights.
Page 1 of 1