Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

warning lights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
leoscustom

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1995
Registration date : 2009-02-13

warning lights Empty
PostSubject: warning lights   warning lights Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:13 am

Hi guys, does anyone know what the second warning light from the left is? its orange and looks a little bit like a filter. It comes on when i accellerate.
thanks.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

warning lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: warning lights   warning lights Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:57 am

have you got a picture it may help Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

warning lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: warning lights   warning lights Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 12:55 pm

If you mean the sign between the two oil cans that would be the coolant level warning. Needs a top up.
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

warning lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: warning lights   warning lights Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:46 pm

it is radiator light it means coolant low . check radiator and expansion tank for liquid.
Back to top Go down
leoscustom

warning lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: warning lights   warning lights Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:04 am

Thanks mate, i did have a leak a while back and drained both tanks, added some stop leak which seemed to fix the problem and it doesnt overheat anymore. maybe i need to add some more to the expansion tank? is this just done from the plastic fill jug in the engine compartment? sorry but im not very mechanical. Thanks heaps for your help. I am about to take off for a trip up the east coast of Australia from Victoria right up to Cairns so trying to fix any little niggly problems before i leave.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

warning lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: warning lights   warning lights Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:29 am

yeh leo fill to full line on the plastic bottle in the engine bay aand check radiator at the same time if full should be ok. what part of melbourne you from i'm around the moorabbin area.
cheers dave
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

warning lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: warning lights   warning lights Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:35 am

The system should pump in and suck back coolant fron the expansion tank, so putting something in there should get sucked back into the system over a short period of time.
I'd fit a new pressure cap as they are often at fault. The spring fails so lets coolant out too early and shuts before the same amount is sucked back.
Have you got summer additive added? We use antifreeze in the UK, for all year round protection. It raises the temp at which the water would boil, and as it is in a pressure system continues to be water at up to 115 degrees C.
Back to top Go down
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 99
Home City : N.Ireland
Model and year : 3.0TD 4WD camper 1995
Registration date : 2008-03-11

warning lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: warning lights   warning lights Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:52 pm

So it has already been overheating? Hopefully no damage done first time around. Lift the oil filler cap and check that the water isn't getting into the oil; looks a bit like mayo but darker. Not a good thing if you find some.
Back to top Go down
leoscustom

warning lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: warning lights   warning lights Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:27 am

Thanks guys,

Oil is fine, i fixed the leak and also changed oil. I stopped driving straihgt away when the temp got too high.

Dave I live in Elwood half the time and Bulleen the other.

I use regular coolant, and since draining the coolant and adding the stop leak i have had no problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

warning lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: warning lights   warning lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

warning lights
Page 1 of 1