Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentooth

Number of posts : 10
Model and year : hiace custom 4wd 2.8d
Registration date : 2007-02-02

b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse Empty
PostSubject: b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse   b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:44 pm

hi.
looking for a little help.
i have a 2.8d hiace custom which i am not able to start now the weather has turned cold. it has been getting progressively more difficult.
i have narrowed it down to glow plug fuse which keeps blowing as soon as i turn the key but cannot suss out why. In my search for the non starting i first removed the glow plugs then found that i had nt taken proper notice of how the glow plug wire had been seated back on the engine with 2 copper washers and i am now wondering if this could cause the shorting out?

i did remove the live feed to the glow plug wire that joins the 4 together and turned the ignition key until the heater light went out and tried starting the engine and this did not blow the fuse. When i reconnected it it blew so i am assuming that the fault lays after the connection between the live feed connection and glow plugs. is this a fair assumption? Apart from a short somewhere else on the wiring loom this is all i can think of.
Any ideas or advice on solving this problem would be so appreciated as i am running out of ideas and thinking of phoning an auto electrician( which really breaks my heart )

thanks.
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse   b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:21 am

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse   b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:17 am

b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse Glow_p10
Dont know if this helps.

Also for bad start check these
b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse Cold_s10
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
brokentooth

PostSubject: Re: b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse   b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 2:45 pm

thanks for the replies but problem still not solved.
cheers
Back to top Go down
brokentooth

PostSubject: Re: b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse   b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 2:47 pm

can anyone suggest an auto electrician in bristol or surrounding area?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse   b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:00 am

If you have had the connection to the glow plug rail distured that is where i would look first.

Although mines the 3.0 I could pop round at the weekend and see if the two compare?
Back to top Go down
brokentooth

PostSubject: Re: b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse   b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:57 pm

Thanks for the ooffer Clive but yesterday morning i gave up and called a guy from the yellow pages who sussed it out in a flash.
turns out that in the past the insulting washers the clamp the glow plug rail to the block had been removed and replaced with metal ones. i made a washer from perspex and a notoriously hard starter started like never before in sub zero conditions with an almost flat battery on the first crank.
thanks to everyone for the advice, hope i can offer some back one day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse   b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

b'stard hiace blows glow plug fuse
Page 1 of 1