Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dwayne
Not so new now
Not so new now
Dwayne

Number of posts : 21
Model and year : 1995 KZH106G

Registration date : 2008-01-31

Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset? Empty
PostSubject: Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?   Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:37 am

Hi, does anyone know how to reset the timing belt (T-Belt) warning light on the dash of an analog odometer (once its hit 100k)?
This is for a KZH106 1995 Hiace model with no tacho meter, has the door open indicator in its place.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?   Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:31 am

Toyota often have a rubber gromet in the dash glass, if you have pull it out and poke a thin stiff wire through the hole.
Back to top Go down
Dwayne
Not so new now
Not so new now
Dwayne

PostSubject: Re: Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?   Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:01 am

Hi, this has no rubber grommet on the front.
I'm assuming this means its a major job where you have to get in behind the instrument cluster?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

PostSubject: Re: Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?   Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:04 am

I suspect then that there is a diagnostic type connector somewhere that you flash the pins the reset it, another Toyota secret?
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?   Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:43 am

Quote :
assuming this means its a major job where you have to get in behind the instrument cluster?
Removing just the clock cluster is much easier and quicker than you'd think....
I don't know how to reset...but read of access through air vents...shorting pins...pushing buttons...it all gets a bit mythical! Rolling Eyes .....but if you want to look behind the clocks don't be put off...just remove the screws from the clock shroud...then the clock panel is held with a few screws and pulls out cleanly
Back to top Go down
Dwayne
Not so new now
Not so new now
Dwayne

PostSubject: Re: Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?   Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:42 am

Yeah, I've removed the dash etc a coupla times so know how to do that. The instrument cluster looks like its just fixed with 4 screws but I need the detail to reset the light! Surely someone must know....?!
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?   Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:30 am

only thing ive ever heard(ive got digital one)is something about removing the dash unscrewing a screw(where i dont know not looked)and re screwing it back into a screw hole next to it.......mines been on a while now not got round to pulling it apart yet Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?   Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:02 pm

Toyota are often helpful and notate what is what on the printed circuit, may be obvious if it is on the back of the dash?
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?   Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:47 pm

Yes i would like to know how to reset my one as well - just came on the other day - i already replaced the belt - anyone know for sure because its buggin me!
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?   Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:01 pm

On the Hi-Surf 2.4 there are two knobs under the speedo one does the trip meter the other restets the timing belt trip counter.
I've a digital combination meter (guages) with no such switch don't even know if I get a warning either?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?   Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Spoke to a friend who has a later Landcruiser.
On the back of the meters on the printed circuit there are two circular adjacent markings with, would you believe two holes, one has a screw in it the other don't. Simply remove screw and put it in the other one, job done for another 100.000 KMs.

Anyone got a photo that shows the back so we can have a look?
Back to top Go down
srburnsy
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
srburnsy

Number of posts : 450
Home City : AUS
Model and year : 4wd sc
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?   Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:57 am

Ahh ok - will pull it apart this weekend and have a captain cook - let you know. Thanks Clive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?   Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Timing Belt Warning Light, how to reset?
Page 1 of 1