Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to reset T-Belt warning light

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ericthered

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Brisbane
Registration date : 2011-05-30

How to reset T-Belt warning light Empty
PostSubject: How to reset T-Belt warning light   How to reset T-Belt warning light Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 2:06 am

The T-Belt warning light came on when the odometer clocked over to 200,000kms, and now stays on - The timing belt was replaced at 185,000km's when the engine was rebuilt.

Is there an easy way to reset the T-Belt waring light, or do I need to take it into a mechanic ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
pete b

Number of posts : 12
Home City : kurri kurri
Model and year : 1995 super custom 3litre turbo diesel
Registration date : 2013-08-02

PostSubject: Re: How to reset T-Belt warning light   How to reset T-Belt warning light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:52 am

just search for timing belt light on this forum.There are some answers there
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 84
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: How to reset T-Belt warning light   How to reset T-Belt warning light Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:34 am

Hi ericthered,

There are two places for the timing belt light reset point. One - like on my van (same as yours I think) is on the back of the instrument panel -where you swap a screw from one hole to another - it is well marked so there is no mistake as to what it is. The other place is under the dash near the drivers knees where you also swap the screw from one point to another. If you take out the dash just remember there is a hidden screw up in the air vent. on the forum here I think someone has posted pics of the screw positions.

Cheers,

Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to reset T-Belt warning light   How to reset T-Belt warning light Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to reset T-Belt warning light
Page 1 of 1