Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Windscreen outer seal - Water Ingress 1999 model

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jemmus

Number of posts : 5
Home City : BRIGHTON
Registration date : 2023-08-06

Windscreen outer seal - Water Ingress 1999 model  Empty
PostSubject: Windscreen outer seal - Water Ingress 1999 model    Windscreen outer seal - Water Ingress 1999 model  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 12:47 pm

Hi all !

Recent owner of a 1999 2.4l  Super Custom,  was checking the outer rubber seals around the windscreen and when removed noticed water was pooling at the bottom of the windscreen after rainfall. I know the glass has been replaced and is angular on the corners which is making it tricky for the rubber to sit flush, any tips ? 
There's also two holes on the left and right which have been filled with silicon, are these drainage holes or should they be covered ? And help much appreciated !
Back to top Go down
Jemmus

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen outer seal - Water Ingress 1999 model    Windscreen outer seal - Water Ingress 1999 model  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 12:48 pm

Windscreen outer seal - Water Ingress 1999 model  Pxl_2013
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen outer seal - Water Ingress 1999 model    Windscreen outer seal - Water Ingress 1999 model  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 9:38 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Cool pictures.

I wrote almost everything I know about windscreens and seals here: https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t4504-windscreen-trim-removal?highlight=windscreen#25208

There are quite a lot of posts on here covering windscreens but the search facility isn’t great.

I think some vans have drains and some don’t. Those with drains have (or ought to have) drain tubes. It might be that earlier (so <~’95) don’t and revised ones (so >~’95) do.

To check, put your van into the Electronics Parts Catalogue (see below). It might show the drains and definitely has the seals and dam kits.

It and a loads of other (hopefully useful) resources are in the first post on my ‘Show us yours’ page (including the EPC). Happy if it’s useful.

HTH!!

Jemmus likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jemmus

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen outer seal - Water Ingress 1999 model    Windscreen outer seal - Water Ingress 1999 model  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 9:58 pm

Cheers for getting back and for the link, yeah it looks like my drain tubes are missing in action, cleared one of the holes as pictured and replaced the outer seal as it was starting to rain. Two hours later there was water in the footwell so I guess they were serving a purpose, albeit a bodged one !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen outer seal - Water Ingress 1999 model    Windscreen outer seal - Water Ingress 1999 model  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windscreen outer seal - Water Ingress 1999 model
Page 1 of 1