Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thetube

Number of posts : 9
Home City : PNW
Registration date : 2023-05-14

Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring  Empty
PostSubject: Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring    Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 4:27 pm

Hello Everybody!

Ive got a built out LH123 high roof camper van and Ive had some trouble with my D+ ignition wire for my DC2DC charger. I originally had it wired up via a bit-off spade to the rightmost fuse box, but that’s not the strongest connection and it has proven unreliable.

Looking to hardwire it to a better spot.

Anybody know of a good spot that’s turn key dependent or “accessory”?
Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

Number of posts : 155
Home City : UK
Model and year : 1993 Cruising Cabin, 4wd 3L engine.
Registration date : 2023-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring    Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 6:11 pm

I wired mine straight to the battery with 16mm cable so I don't know how you're getting away with smaller wires into the fusebox which isn't really linking the batteries together directly.

I would've thought that a DC/DC charger ( B2B ) is automatically turn key dependent because it's only feeding the excess to your leisure battery as you drive along and there's no excess when your switched off.

I might be wrong and your set up and charger is completely different but that was how I understood these chargers to work but I recommend checking your amps and cable sizes to be sure you're not over heating the wires.
Back to top Go down
thetube

PostSubject: Re: Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring    Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 6:40 pm

Yes, I have the positive cables coming from the battery itself using 4 awg wire, but the unit only turns on via an external wire that is connected to power source dependent on the vehicle running i believe as an assurance. I do know the unit will not turn on unless this signal is tripped. After some fiddling around I am 95% sure it’s actually a faulty unit. Renogy is going to examine it at a warehouse and send me a new one on warranty, so I should have a new unit before christmas Smile meanwhile, i’ve got to depend on the sun…
Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

Number of posts : 155
Home City : UK
Model and year : 1993 Cruising Cabin, 4wd 3L engine.
Registration date : 2023-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring    Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 6:51 pm

I understand now, maybe you could wire it direct to the battery and put in a toggle switch, just run the cable alongside the others that's guaranteed to work and will keep it tidy.
Back to top Go down
thetube

PostSubject: Re: Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring    Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2023 8:40 pm

I’ve thought about that. Would be a good work around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring    Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dc to Dc Charger Ignition Wiring
Page 1 of 1