Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Embarrassing question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Etillborg

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Vancouver
Registration date : 2023-08-13

Embarrassing question Empty
PostSubject: Embarrassing question   Embarrassing question Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 4:31 am

Sorry, I’m happy to be laughed at here, but I can’t find the info anywhere. 

Just bought a SC living saloon and was checking fluids and noticed two radiator caps. I just can’t figure out what the top one is doing. 
And when I opened it up it was empty. Don’t really want to pour anything in there without knowing what it actually is. 

https://i.servimg.com/u/f32/20/51/60/35/img_0111.jpg

Thanks a a lot!
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 292
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing question   Embarrassing question Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 10:28 am

Looks like a factory inter-cooler: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/factory-air-water-intercooled-1kzte.944624/
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing question   Embarrassing question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 10:21 am

The little yellow cap with the two medium sided double pipes is the top of the cooling system, one pipe goes to an expansion bottle, that in general will need to be cleaned out and refilled.

Then as the engine warms up the level in the expansion bottle rises, when it coold the level falls, so there's a mark of 'fill it here when cold' on it somewhere - perhaps a min and max - only fill to the max mark when the engine is cold.

The big black cap is the power steering, to the RHS of that is the fuel primer pump (only used if you drain the tank).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing question   Embarrassing question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Embarrassing question
Page 1 of 1