Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The flywheel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kippax
Not so new now
Not so new now
Kippax

Number of posts : 87
Home City : Manchester, UK
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom
2.44L EFi Turbo Diesel Automatic LH100G
Registration date : 2018-08-13

The flywheel Empty
PostSubject: The flywheel   The flywheel Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 1:08 am

Not been on the forum for a while due to long term health issues.

However, still have the hiace and have continued to pour money into her. Hopeful of catching the end of the summer.

One simple question. Amongst the work, I have had the flywheel replaced. What does this drive, presumably via a belt ?
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

The flywheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The flywheel   The flywheel Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 3:08 pm

Hello Kippax

I don’t know about the auto but on my M/T the flywheel doesn’t drive anything via a belt. On mine the flywheel is bolted to the rear of the crank and the clutch spring housing is bolted to the flywheel. The clutch pressure plate sits in the spring housing and is splined to the gearbox, which is how drive is transferred.

The starter-motor engages with the flywheel ring gear to start the engine, but there’s no belt driven ancillaries.

HTH

blgravely likes this post

Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 292
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

The flywheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The flywheel   The flywheel Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2023 9:04 pm

I believe the flywheel is there to add momentum to the engine - to stop gear changes etc jerking the van. The only connection would be the to the starter motor and possibly housing the connection to the transmission.

Quinnjin78 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The flywheel Empty
PostSubject: Re: The flywheel   The flywheel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The flywheel
Page 1 of 1