Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Possible to disable door open dash light?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Superman customvan

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Tauranga
Registration date : 2023-03-30

Possible to disable door open dash light? Empty
PostSubject: Possible to disable door open dash light?   Possible to disable door open dash light? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 10:26 am

I'm building my SC van to live in full time, and plan on having the sliding door and possibly tailgate open for long periods of time.. is there anyway to permanently disable the door open light on the dash so it doesn't cause uhh battery issues over time

Couldn't see a plunger thing on the sliding door, just the pins for the soft close mechanism

Cheers
Back to top Go down
g00se
Been here a while
Been here a while
g00se

Number of posts : 290
Home City : UK
Model and year : Hiace Super Custom 2WD 2.4L Petrol 2001
RZH101G
Registration date : 2022-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Possible to disable door open dash light?   Possible to disable door open dash light? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 2:49 pm

The pin switch is at the rear of the door-frame - near the second row passenger seat, seat-belt. When the switch circuit is connected, the lights come on. So you need to either disconnect one wire from the pin switch - or add a switch in series somewhere, so you can disable it when you need to.

Superman customvan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Superman customvan

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Tauranga
Registration date : 2023-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Possible to disable door open dash light?   Possible to disable door open dash light? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 10:51 pm

g00se wrote:
The pin switch is at the rear of the door-frame - near the second row passenger seat, seat-belt. When the switch circuit is connected, the lights come on. So you need to either disconnect one wire from the pin switch - or add a switch in series somewhere, so you can disable it when you need to.

Ok rear of door frame, that'll be why I didn't see it. I think I'll just pull a wire, seems like the easiest way thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible to disable door open dash light?   Possible to disable door open dash light? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible to disable door open dash light?
Page 1 of 1