Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AC condensation drain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gregory
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 27
Home City : Seattle, WA, USA
Model and year : 1995 Hiace Living Saloon EX 2wd H100G 1kz-te
Registration date : 2021-03-24

AC condensation drain Empty
PostSubject: AC condensation drain   AC condensation drain Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 3:37 am

Got my AC running after having a new condenser fan installed, hooray!

A new issue arrived shortly after: the condensation isn’t draining properly and is instead dripping from the floorboard air vents into the passenger side floorboards.

Anyone have experience clearing clogged AC drain lines or know where they’re located?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 196
Home City : Bonney Lake, WA
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom Limited 4WD
1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E
Registration date : 2021-05-20

PostSubject: Re: AC condensation drain   AC condensation drain Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 3:20 pm

Good morning Gregory.

Sorry your evaporator isn’t draining properly. The drain exits right next to the receiver dryer underneath the left front of your van. I would check there first. The condenser fan is a pain to replace and that drain tube goes right next to it. Might be kinked or something. Very easy to do and overlook. I’ll attach a photo after morning coffee showing you where to inspect.

Hope it’s something small and trivial. It was hot yesterday up here. Good luck.

-Bryan.
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: AC condensation drain   AC condensation drain Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2022 6:36 pm

Coming through as always with the good knowledge, thanks Bryan! I’ll take a look.
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: AC condensation drain   AC condensation drain Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 2:02 am

Just got back from my flight endorsement, sorry for the delay. Here’s where it is. It goes right up over the top of the condenser assembly. If it’s kinked or pinched I bet it’s right there.
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: AC condensation drain   AC condensation drain Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 2:14 am

AC condensation drain 8b169810
AC condensation drain 1c93fa10
AC condensation drain 7b3f1d10
Back to top Go down
blgravely
Been here a while
Been here a while

1KZ-TE/A340F/G295
TWINK-E

PostSubject: Re: AC condensation drain   AC condensation drain Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 2:16 am

Goes right over the receiver drier, on top of the condenser/cooling power pack and then into that body connector I tried to take a terrible photo of. Don’t worry get a flashlight and look up there and you’ll see it.

Good luck!
-Bryan
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: AC condensation drain   AC condensation drain Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 6:50 pm

Hello folks

I presume we’re taking about the heat exchanger unit inside the HVAC unit in the dash. I forget which is the evaporator and which is the condenser, but the one in the dash is ‘the cold one’ removing heat and moisture from inside the vehicle.

On my van, this is the site where the drain pipe leaves the HVAC unit (in the centre) and just visible either side are the pipes that take the refrigerant in and out. You can see the base of the HVAC unit here is sort of funnel-shaped. I’d guess that if the pipe is damaged, not connected properly or perished then condensate would drip into the cabin.

If the pipe is blocked then condensate might drip from a joining seal somewhere else rather than the hose area itself.

The heater unit / heater matrix (meant to be to the right) isn’t currently installed.

AC condensation drain 2022-088

This is the view on the other side of the firewall:
AC condensation drain 2022-089

This shows that on my van the condensate hose just goes straight down and the pipe is inside the chassis rail leg:
AC condensation drain 2022-087

This shows where the hose comes out below the van:
AC condensation drain 2022-090

As I’ve the front of my van relatively exposed it was pretty easy to get these pictures. Let me know if you need any more?

I think bringing the drain hose outboard of the chassis leg might contribute to a blockage, though this is a bit unlikely. The hose is quite large, stiff and should drain very easily.

If there is anything causing a blockage it’s possibly some of the sealing foam or that off the flaps etc.

HTH!
Back to top Go down
Gregory
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: AC condensation drain   AC condensation drain Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2022 7:18 pm

Big thanks to you both for the details and photos! I'll go digging around and see what I find. I'll report back with anything useful/interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC condensation drain   AC condensation drain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC condensation drain
Page 1 of 1