Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to drain radiator fluid for a Hiace 2002

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dbrown8630

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Veurne
Registration date : 2019-01-02

How to drain radiator fluid for a Hiace 2002 Empty
PostSubject: How to drain radiator fluid for a Hiace 2002   How to drain radiator fluid for a Hiace 2002 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 12:09 am

I'd like to drain my radiator fluid, I already did this for a Mitsubishi magna but never for a hiace. I was wondering what I have to do to make the radiator fluid to go out? Which screw to unscrew?
Cheers everyone
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

How to drain radiator fluid for a Hiace 2002 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to drain radiator fluid for a Hiace 2002   How to drain radiator fluid for a Hiace 2002 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 5:18 am

Probably depends which motor your Hiace has, but on ours with the 3L there is a plastic screw-in drain plug on the bottom of the radiator on the vehicle's right hand side facing the front for draining the radiator, and another (looks metal) on the side of the engine block around the middle of the engine's left-hand side for draining the block. This latter looks very hard to get to because there is so much in the way at least coming from above. Apparently there is an O-ring on the radiator one which comes to bits when you take out the plug so be prepared to replace that. I haven't done it myself as I don't have a hoist so can't get under the vehicle, what I just said is what the Toyota guy told me, and kindly printed out pictures for me from their database. I had a friendly mechanic who does have a hoist do mine for me, I provided the flush and the new coolant (the proper red fluid already mixed from Toyota) and he charged me his time only.
Back to top Go down

How to drain radiator fluid for a Hiace 2002
Page 1 of 1