Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Negative camber?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chieboulette
Chieboulette

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Montreal
Model and year : 1994 1KZ 4WD
Registration date : 2022-05-11

Negative camber? Empty
PostSubject: Negative camber?   Negative camber? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2022 3:42 am

Good day/evening to you all,

Still fixing up this 1994 4WD KZ I bought back in February. I noticed that it was pulling pretty hard to the right, so I checked tires and pressure on arrival but still pulled. I kind of assumed it was not aligned, being a japanese import and our roads here in Canada being flipped and all.
I since fitted new tires and went to my mechanic to get it aligned properly, but he spotted that the front passenger tire's camber is way off relative to the driver side (as in the top of the wheel is pointing inwards). He tried to adjust it but said that something suspension or steering related must be bent or damaged. He's quite busy and off on vacation so hasn't had time to work on the van properly, so I'm asking you all for advice. What would be a culprit for this much negative camber, and what do I need to replace?
Have to admit that I'm pretty deficient when it comes to suspension/steering stuff... I just don't want to cause crazy uneven wear on my tires, plus I'm not really confident taking it long distances.

I'll try posting a picture of the alignment report tomorrow for reference.

Many thanks it is much appreciated

geoffreyKZH138V likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chieboulette
Chieboulette

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Montreal
Model and year : 1994 1KZ 4WD
Registration date : 2022-05-11

Negative camber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negative camber?   Negative camber? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2022 1:45 am

Picture of alignment check for reference
https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/20/44/31/55/pxl_2010.jpg
Back to top Go down
geoffreyKZH138V
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 45
Home City : Moffat Beach
Registration date : 2021-09-05

Negative camber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negative camber?   Negative camber? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2022 10:33 am

camber bolts can get rusted inside lower control arm bush.....preventing adjustment... if a pneumatic hammer or sledge hammer won't free the bolt then bolt must be cut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Negative camber? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Negative camber?   Negative camber? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Negative camber?
Page 1 of 1