Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pulling left / right with camber - is this normal?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jimmyjazz1975

Number of posts : 3
Home City : London
Registration date : 2015-07-05

Pulling left / right with camber - is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: Pulling left / right with camber - is this normal?   Pulling left / right with camber - is this normal? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 7:08 am

Hi,

I have a 1997 Super Custom, converted to a camper van.

It's in good shape, except that the steering is really sensitive to the camber of the road, and pulls left or right as a result. In the UK, there's a persistent left pull, and in France there's a persistent right pull!

I don't think it's the tracking because I've had that tested twice, both by the original dealer and by my local recommended garage.

Any thoughts what the problem could be?

I can live with the issue, it's just really annoying that even on the motorway I have to correct the steering :/

Thanks,
Jim

Back to top Go down
rubythursday
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 45
Home City : York
Model and year : 1995 Super Custom 2.4 Petrol. Wellhouse Conversion
Registration date : 2014-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Pulling left / right with camber - is this normal?   Pulling left / right with camber - is this normal? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 10:22 am

Could be the tyres, some makes are worse than others for that problem, I have Pirelli Scorpions on ours and its fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonysimons.me.uk
jimmyjazz1975

Number of posts : 3
Home City : London
Registration date : 2015-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Pulling left / right with camber - is this normal?   Pulling left / right with camber - is this normal? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 11:13 am

Thanks for the reply, I'll check them out.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Pulling left / right with camber - is this normal?   Pulling left / right with camber - is this normal? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 5:28 pm

May be the pressure also, try running at 40psi and see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pulling left / right with camber - is this normal?   Pulling left / right with camber - is this normal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pulling left / right with camber - is this normal?
Page 1 of 1