Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tow-Yoda

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Dresden, Germany
Model and year : 1997 Super Custom Limited, JDM
Registration date : 2020-04-10

giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration Empty
PostSubject: giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration   giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 12:24 pm

Hi Guys,

I have the rear sets to spend, since I am not allowed having 7 seats in germany. They are in excellent condition beside the missing plastic piece that surrounds the pull-handle for the back rest hinge. I would feel ashamed if I just give them to the trash. If anyone wants to have this, we can deal out how to transfer it. Whicht might be the biggest issue for this.
giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration 40439918fx

giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration 40439919xi

giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration 40439920jx

giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration 40439922fq

giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration 40439925ws

Secondly
I need some paperwork. I own my Hiace for over a year now but still I can not register it. Problem is actually a crap statement on a Toyota datsheet, which claims:
weight (empty): 2150kg
weight (max):    2535kg
max axle load:   1230kg (front), 920kg (rear)
So it acutally calls out a higher maximum weight, than all four tires can handle. You win the golden pineapple! So anyone who can help out with some statement in their registration/official documentation of their hiace is welcome. Also, If anyone has a contact to a willing dealership, I would highly appreciate that as well. Dealers in Germany seem not enthusiastic at all.

Manuel
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration   giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 3:51 pm

The weight on the export certificate for mine is shown here:

giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration Screen-Shot-2021-02-02-at-15-49-45
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration   giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 3:53 pm

Also, your chairs...

What I did, is cut and smooth some lengths of 50mm x 75mm pieces of wood.
Cut them to size...
... and screwed the seat down to them, so the seat sits on them, replacing the old runners.

They make trendy lounge furniture and may widen your market for selling.
Back to top Go down
Tow-Yoda

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Dresden, Germany
Model and year : 1997 Super Custom Limited, JDM
Registration date : 2020-04-10

PostSubject: Re: giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration   giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 8:45 pm

Hi

Thanks for the hint. I didn't came up with it even though the seat is currently serving this purpose in my living room.

According to the export certificate: seems to be equal to mine. I have different weights but yours front/rear weight also adds up to the weight, not to the gross weight.
Anyway noticing that yours is claimed to be 230kg lighter Exclamation Mine says 2150kg empty, 2535kg max. Don't you have the 1KZ with A340 and full time AWD as well? Your model code seems like that but I cannot imagine where your model saves over 200kg?!

Thanks for sharing the part of the export certificate.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration   giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2021 9:00 pm

Mines just the rear wheel drive!
better for wheelspin, not so good for grip!
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration   giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 5:05 am

I have a 1995 Auto 4WD with the 1KZ-TE and Aisin A340 plus 3 sunroofs (heavy glass and motors.) The full model id is KZH106W-MRPGT. The unladen curb weight is 2060 and the max gross laden weight is 2550kg
Some certificates or regulations require the Tare weight, some require the Curb weight including a driver AND sometime a full tank of fuel (60kg ish) as well as the GVM (gross vehicle mass). So you need to know whether you’re comparing apples to cheese. Tare vs Curb.
This site gives reliable specs on this era Toyotas. This page is all the 1995 model Hiace Super Customs. Scroll right then down to find your specific model code.
https://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota/hiace/1995_8/

Last edited by Pete_nz on Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

PostSubject: Re: giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration   giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 5:15 am

Tow-Yoda wrote:

max axle load:   1230kg (front), 920kg (rear)
So it acutally calls out a higher maximum weight, than all four tires can handle. You win the golden pineapple!

Not sure how much a golden pineapple weighs but the specified tyre rating for these super customs is 98H. Which is 750kg per tyre/1500kg per axle/3000kg whole vehicle. All fine. Wher does the pineapple fit into that equation?
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration   giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 8:47 pm

Hi.

Just wonder if you have explored other options for the tyres? I realise that this might not be a cheap solution but different types have different load ratings.

I've got 4x Hancock Dynapro ATM 195/80R15 and these have a load rating stamped on the tyre of 710kg so that's 2960kg. They are not great for grip or noise.

giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration 2021-027

giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration 2021-028

It's also a bit complex as different countries seem to use different load index ratings etc.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

PostSubject: Re: giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration   giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 10:06 pm

The load ratings on tyres is universal. The “96” on the sidewall in your first photo means 710kg too. Countries do have different requirements for what constitutes “safe and legal” to be driven on public roads but from what I’ve seem they predominantly seem to be based on manufacturer specification. Those tyres are under the manufacturer specified rating for your van.

LH119V likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

PostSubject: Re: giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration   giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2021 10:25 pm

In fact, if your van is the same as your user name LH119V then your tyres should be 107L, which is a Commercial or Light Truck tyre with a weight rating of 975kg.

LH119V likes this post

Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration   giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2021 5:18 pm

Hello @Pete_nz.

I've been digging and agree that there is commonality for load ratings on tyres. For the UK this is useful: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-inspection-manual-for-private-passenger-and-light-commercial-vehicles/appendix-b-tyre-load-index-tables, but I've no idea what the vehicle should use.

I'm in this category: "If the manufacturer’s plate does not show the laden weight of the axle, you can assume the tyres are suitable, unless it’s beyond doubt that they’re not suitable."

Where are the required load ratings for each vehicle showm, please?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration   giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

giveaway: rear seats - need: documents for registration
Page 1 of 1