Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NRMA does insure SCs in Australia!!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Henno
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 27
Home City : Agnes Water
Registration date : 2020-02-06

NRMA does insure SCs in Australia!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: NRMA does insure SCs in Australia!!!!!   NRMA does insure SCs in Australia!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 2:25 am

So it depends on who you get on the phone. First contact with NRMA said no imports. Then I got so desperate I contacted an insurance broker in Brisbane who suggested SGIO and gave me a number.

When I rang that number for SGIO I got a lovely English lass, Emma, who answered the phone ‘NRMA can I help you’. She explains SGIO are West Australian version of NRMA and is puzzled why I was told no imports. We organise a quote and it is sent out. It has no mention of SuperCustom or import on this quote though.

I have contacted them via FB messenger regarding this omition and my concern and got told this....

“Hi Mark, as a company we do insure custom import vehicles as long as it meets registration requirements. If the vehicle meets all state needs and you can register it then we have no issues insuring the vehicle. The quote won't have it noted as an import as we don't have any issues insuring import vehicles nor do we treat them any different. Hope this helps 🙂 ~Nada”

My quote is $456 p.a. for full no claim and glass coverage agreed amount of only 6 grand though as she is a 95 model. They also don’t care about it being used for business which put Shannon’s off.

Just Cars does not exist any more.

GREY NEWBIE likes this post

Back to top Go down
GREY NEWBIE
GREY NEWBIE

Number of posts : 11
Home City : BUNDABERG
Model and year : KZH106 1998
Registration date : 2012-06-13

NRMA does insure SCs in Australia!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRMA does insure SCs in Australia!!!!!   NRMA does insure SCs in Australia!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 4:54 am

Thanks for sharing this Henno. I used to be with Just Car and when they disappeared I couldn't find anyone except Shannon's, though admittedly I was quite happy with their premium. Nevertheless when it comes up for renewal I will look into changing because I have a $500 excess with Shannon's.
Back to top Go down

NRMA does insure SCs in Australia!!!!!
Page 1 of 1