Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The element in the front glass sunroof.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kippax
Not so new now
Not so new now
Kippax

Number of posts : 87
Home City : Manchester, UK
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom
2.44L EFi Turbo Diesel Automatic LH100G
Registration date : 2018-08-13

The element in the front glass sunroof..... Empty
PostSubject: The element in the front glass sunroof.....   The element in the front glass sunroof..... Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 10:38 am

is that an aerial or a a demister.

The reason I ask is that she also has an aerial on the rear tailgate and I'm not sure why there might be 2.

Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

The element in the front glass sunroof..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The element in the front glass sunroof.....   The element in the front glass sunroof..... Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 7:03 am

I'm not sure of the actual answer in this case, but a lot of Japanese vehicles had two aerials as the FM radio used what is called 'diversity' reception where the receiver automatically selected the strongest aerial signal on the fly. By using two aerials spaced a little distance apart the signal is far less likely to fade in both at once due to the wavelength. My station wagon has an aerial in each rear side window, for example. In your case it could be a demister. Demisters have two wires i.e. power and ground, one on each end of the conductive trace, where aerials (usually) have only one wire which is usually connected to an amplifier box right beside it.
Back to top Go down

The element in the front glass sunroof.....
Page 1 of 1