Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please Help I can’t figure out what’s wrong!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaxson

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Merewether
Model and year : 1994
Toyota Hiace super custom
1kz
Registration date : 2019-03-22

Please Help I can’t figure out what’s wrong!!  Empty
PostSubject: Please Help I can’t figure out what’s wrong!!    Please Help I can’t figure out what’s wrong!!  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 10:43 am

I’m having a lot of trouble with my van. I Thought it was the ECU getting wet and miss communicating with the diesel fuel pump as it is blowing a lot of smoke but only after it’s at normal running temperature. idles fine cold until it hits normal running temp. When it has hit normal running temp it sounds like it’s missing and sometime Revs uncontrollably and I have to turn off ignition. When restarting there are ticking noises coming from the fuel pump and engine light appears. Mechanic or auto electrician??
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Please Help I can’t figure out what’s wrong!!    Please Help I can’t figure out what’s wrong!!  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 9:59 pm

It could be an internal ECU issue, after a while the capacitors get tired and start leaking, so you may need a decent auto-electrician who can replace the offending ones.

It's quite a common issue and does tend to result in stopping when warm and a ticking noise after - probably from the spill valve at the back of the pump.

What year is your van?
Is it the 1kz-te engine?

You can add this info to your data - see below my van pic to the left for an example.
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Please Help I can’t figure out what’s wrong!!    Please Help I can’t figure out what’s wrong!!  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 8:05 am

Yes GPW is probably wright mine had the ticking sound from the spill valve and would some times refuse to start, a new battery delayed the inevitable ECU capacitor replacement, however this is not so easy as the professionals firms want to replace the ECU (anything up to £1,000) those that do repairs said sorry do not have the test equipment and do not want to do a repair with no guarantee. I found the best bet is a knowledgeable amateur electronics chap with soldering skills, the capacitors are only a few pounds and does not take long of course no guarantee but it will eventually fail completely if you do nothing. I did find one for sale in Japan for $800 but no guarantee again. Try your local Toyota dealer would be interesting to see what they say.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Please Help I can’t figure out what’s wrong!!    Please Help I can’t figure out what’s wrong!!  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 8:47 am

Well, this could be an ECU issue but also a sensor issue. Like engine / coolant temp (not to dashboard but to ECU)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Help I can’t figure out what’s wrong!!    Please Help I can’t figure out what’s wrong!!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please Help I can’t figure out what’s wrong!!
Page 1 of 1