Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fuel pump question.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
funbus
Been here a while
Been here a while
funbus

Number of posts : 135
Home City : hampshire
Model and year : 1993, Toyota Hiace, 2.8 diesel,
Registration date : 2010-10-08

Fuel pump question. Empty
PostSubject: Fuel pump question.   Fuel pump question. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 4:04 pm

I have a very slight leak from the fuel pump, as i'm finding it hard to get a new one, does anyone know if the engine in my hiace shares parts with any other engines?

Mine is a 1993 Hiace 100 series with a 2.8 diesel, chassis number starts with LH12300

Thanks in advance Smile
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump question.   Fuel pump question. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 5:09 pm

Check the below link I did a search on your model and 'pump' I see some injection pumps listed.

Yahoo! Japan
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump question.   Fuel pump question. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi Funbus!!

Glad to see you and the Hiace are still together.

Where exactly is the pump leaking from? It may just need a new washer or bit of PTFE, or perhaps a seal.
Back to top Go down
funbus
Been here a while
Been here a while
funbus

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump question.   Fuel pump question. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 3:47 pm

djathens wrote:
Check the below link I did a search on your model and 'pump' I see some injection pumps listed.

Yahoo! Japan

Thanks, i'll check it out Smile
Back to top Go down
funbus
Been here a while
Been here a while
funbus

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump question.   Fuel pump question. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 3:51 pm

GPW wrote:
Hi Funbus!!

Glad to see you and the Hiace are still together.

Where exactly is the pump leaking from? It may just need a new washer or bit of PTFE, or perhaps a seal.

Thanks, yeah we're still together, it's been almost 9 years Smile

As for the leak, not actually sure, i had the MOT yesterday and my guy said that it's not really a leak as such, it's more like it's sweating, so no fuel dripping yet, but he did say that it might be something simple like a seal or gasket, but wont know until he takes it out.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump question.   Fuel pump question. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Nine years, wow!

If it's not leaking much I'd leave it alone until you have to have the timing belt done. I say this because to remove it you need to take the timing belt off anyway!

Depending where the leak is it could be quite fixable in-situ. Mine was seeping out around the engine speed output (the big 30mm ring nut on top), I fixed it with a bit of PTFE tape, took about 20 minutes.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
funbus
Been here a while
Been here a while
funbus

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump question.   Fuel pump question. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 11:17 am

GPW wrote:
Nine years, wow!

If it's not leaking much I'd leave it alone until you have to have the timing belt done. I say this because to remove it you need to take the timing belt off anyway!

Depending where the leak is it could be quite fixable in-situ. Mine was seeping out around the engine speed output (the big 30mm ring nut on top), I fixed it with a bit of PTFE tape, took about 20 minutes.

Good luck!

Thanks, i'm really hoping it's a simple fix like yours Smile
Back to top Go down
RivercityHiace
RivercityHiace

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Jacksonville, FL
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited
2.4L Turbo Diesel
2WD Automatic
RHD
Registration date : 2018-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump question.   Fuel pump question. Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 1:36 am

Had a leak develop on mine last year. Was a constant drip while at idle, was losing 1 mpg each tank and diesel is too expensive. LH100 series 2.4 liter, my pump part number is 22100-5B300, found 22100-5B301 on eBay for about $300 with another $100 shipping from Dubai. They're the same from what I could tell, and functions fine ever since the swap. I couldn't afford the downtime as it's my daily driver, so I paid to have a shop swap it. Plus side, now I have a spare injection pump and can look into rebuilding it at my convenience.
Hope your sweat doesn't turn into a drip!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump question.   Fuel pump question. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel pump question.
Page 1 of 1