Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel

Go down 
+2
GPW
RivercityHiace
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RivercityHiace
RivercityHiace

Number of posts : 13
Home City : Jacksonville, FL
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited
2.4L Turbo Diesel
2WD Automatic
RHD
Registration date : 2018-01-05

Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel  Empty
PostSubject: Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel    Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 8:16 pm

A slow leak has developed in the back end of the fuel injection pump on my 1991 Diesel SCL. It's the LH100 series, 2L-TE 2.4ltr 2WD located in Florida, USA! I've found zero luck searching for a replacement and am staring down a $1300 rebuild cost! Is there any hope out there for me? Any known compatible pumps? I don't have a garage or covered work-space to tackle a tear-down project myself. Am I doomed to swallow the rebuild cost, or are there any chances of finding a less expensive solution?
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel    Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 2:00 am

Hi, If the injector pump is anything like the 1kz-te pump then there isn't much at the back of it at all.

There's a spill valve at the back and the pipes to the injectors. On top is a speed sensor output and the input and overflow pipes.

Some decent photos may help diagnose the source of the leak.

TBH it doesn't sound so bad if the engine runs fine, first is narrowing down the leak.

Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel    Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 10:01 am

Otherwise you should source it from Japan. Which is not easy but it should be available.
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel    Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Check this link to a Japanese Yahoo! auction proxy site, this might be what you are looking for and is only ~$200USD

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/344767304?conversionType=search_suggest

Look for the 'Translate' button just below the 'Item Explanation' section to get the details translated.
Back to top Go down
jafo843
Not so new now
Not so new now
jafo843

Number of posts : 67
Home City : Charleston, SC USA
Model and year : 1992 LH107 Super Custom
1994 LH119 Cruising Cabin
Registration date : 2018-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel    Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 10:16 pm

I'm looking at a part number of 22100-5B301. Search that on eBay and you'll find a few from overseas.

This might help with what GPW is talking about.

Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel  22006210
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel    Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 10:35 pm

Good diagram.

There's nothing really complicated at the back to leak. All the expensive and fine tolerance stuff it at the front and inside. The SPILL valve is the item with the wire and plug right in the middle, it's a variable 'cut-off' valve and screws in. There's a few rubber O-rings around there. It's job is to 'spill' fuel away from the injectors - i.e. it controls the amount of fuel.

IMO the trick is to identify the actual part on the injector that is leaking - could even be a rubber pipe. I had a slight leak on top of mine around the speed sensor that I fixed. On top of the pump is the lid, the big thing toward the front is the speed sensor output, the next item along is the fuel outlet/collection/overflow (marked 22160) and then there is the top if the Spill valve.  BTW the pump's 'lid' is the lid to a diesel reservoir that is simple, but must be kept scrupulously clean so don't casually whip off the lid..

BTW the fuel enters at the front (LHS in the diagram) via a lift pump at the pump's front, to enter the reservoir. From there it returns from the 22160 so is self bleeding. Then as the pump turns 4 rods on a cam literally RAM the fuel into the injector pipes at high pressure, modulated by the spill valve as I recall.

I suspect a 50c rubber washer is just ageing a bit. I fixed mine with PTFE tape...
Back to top Go down
RivercityHiace
RivercityHiace

2.4L Turbo Diesel
2WD Automatic
RHD

PostSubject: Re: Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel    Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 1:01 am

jafo843 wrote:
I'm looking at a part number of 22100-5B301.

[/url]

I followed my vin on that page and my injection is is listed as 22100-5B300, with 22100-5B301 directly on the page beneath it. Know of a way to figure out which one, or what's the difference between the two? Or will they both work? I've found a few pumps on ebay listed under each number, so it's good to know there's a few floating around.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
RivercityHiace
RivercityHiace

2.4L Turbo Diesel
2WD Automatic
RHD

PostSubject: Re: Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel    Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 1:11 am

GPW wrote:
I suspect a 50c rubber washer is just ageing a bit. I fixed mine with PTFE tape...

Thanks for all the info. I'll do my best and take a look to see if I can pinpoint the leak. Grab a photo or two if I'm lucky.
Back to top Go down
brost

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Edmonton
Registration date : 2022-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel    Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2022 4:50 am

I have a 1KZTE pump available. 180k km on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel    Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Injection Pump for LH100 SCL Diesel
Page 1 of 1