Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Diesel leak on injection pump

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
galo55
galo55

Number of posts : 12
Home City : Québec Canada
Model and year : Hiace 4X4 Lh119v/1992 Pop-Up Camper
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Diesel leak on injection pump Empty
PostSubject: Diesel leak on injection pump   Diesel leak on injection pump Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:35 pm

Hello.
I have a Toyota Hiace pop-up camper 1992 that I imported from Japan. It is automatic and has a 3L engine (2.8 liters) diesel.

I have a leak of diese of Sad l fuel that seems to come from the injection pump.
Is there anyone who has ever had or experienced this problem!
What is the solution to fix it?
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Diesel leak on injection pump   Diesel leak on injection pump Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:15 pm

tabernac.... I have the same problem and have researched. There are a few good links here if you search it.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/fuelpump.htm

If it's just the governor seal which is likely (can be taken off with an allan wrench, 4 bolts in total). The seal is about 12 dollars with post from BC to Quebec. Call Rocky Mountain Imports at 1-800-921-4JDM

There is also an o-ring kit best got from the UK if its more than just the one seal. The o-rings are quite generic and could be found from napa or lordco or a plumbing store?...but the gov seal is unique!

I just ordered both, but won't get to fixing it for a month. Here are the links for the o-ring kit from UK.... if need i may have extra o-ring kit early FEB.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-HI-ACE-2-4TD-ALTERNATOR-A2710-/190614434715?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c6181739b
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Diesel leak on injection pump   Diesel leak on injection pump Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Apparently using bio fuel can also cause leaks there....returning to normal fuel sometimes stops the problem without seal renewal
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Diesel leak on injection pump   Diesel leak on injection pump Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:58 am

arrg...I have not been using biodiesel. There are a lot of problems with fuel injection pumps on townaces and Hiaces here right now. Is this the norm for a 20 year old engine? I did not start my van for a month. Had to charge the battery and prime the fuel filter. it started and then the next day did not and I heard a sucking of air sound I assume was coming from the breached seal. It's going to take me a while to work all this out...\ and get to fixing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diesel leak on injection pump   Diesel leak on injection pump Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diesel leak on injection pump
Page 1 of 1