Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Replacing middle seats with Hiace folding seats? Is it poss?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
limes

Number of posts : 6
Home City : Melbourne
Registration date : 2016-10-19

Replacing middle seats with Hiace folding seats? Is it poss? Empty
PostSubject: Replacing middle seats with Hiace folding seats? Is it poss?   Replacing middle seats with Hiace folding seats? Is it poss? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 1:47 am

Hi there,
I removed the rear seats in my Super custom and put a box in the the back for a bed and storage. Currently when I want to sleep I rotate the middle seats to face backwards to get a bit of extra length in the bed. But those seats are so bulky, and they really cut into the amount of storage space that I have in the van.

I really like having seats in the back so that I have to option to travel with more than two people.

So what I was wondering is if anyone knows if its possible to take out the swivel seats, and replace them with the folding version that some of the Hiace models have: the ones that fold forward and sit behind the driver and passenger?
Are the floor mounting sites the same on the Super custom as regular Hiaces?

This would give me more space to work with when I want to go camping.

Would love to hear from anyone who might have done this, or know if its feasible etc.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Rvl

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Aomori Japan
Registration date : 2018-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Replacing middle seats with Hiace folding seats? Is it poss?   Replacing middle seats with Hiace folding seats? Is it poss? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 2:48 am

Hi
I have the same question
Have you had any luck?
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Replacing middle seats with Hiace folding seats? Is it poss?   Replacing middle seats with Hiace folding seats? Is it poss? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 12:35 pm

You could always look into getting a certified rock-n-roll or similar type seat fitted.
E.g. http://www.smart-beds.com/

It might be an easier solution for the long term, although you may lose the ability to look out of the side door from the 2-seater swivel mid seat of the hiace because you'd need to take that out.
Back to top Go down
Ace MM
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 49
Home City : California USA
Model and year : 1990 Super Custom 4WD Diesel LH107
Registration date : 2016-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Replacing middle seats with Hiace folding seats? Is it poss?   Replacing middle seats with Hiace folding seats? Is it poss? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2018 4:58 am

I use and rotate the mid seats for the same reasons. Mine does fold flat.
I removed the single seat.
I made a bed that separates down the middle to accommodate more space.

I don't have access to see what swaps, but like that it looks stock with the slider open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacing middle seats with Hiace folding seats? Is it poss?   Replacing middle seats with Hiace folding seats? Is it poss? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replacing middle seats with Hiace folding seats? Is it poss?
Page 1 of 1