Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Transmission solenoids a340e

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lovethatvan

Number of posts : 15
Home City : Wellington
Registration date : 2017-12-13

Transmission solenoids a340e Empty
PostSubject: Transmission solenoids a340e   Transmission solenoids a340e Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 6:03 am

Hi there, I think I need to replace the solenoids, I’m looking at kits from China and want to make sure I get the correct ones. Does anyone have the oem numbers for these? It’s a 2wd... There’s plenty of a340e parts, not sure if it matters if it doesn’t say hiace (plenty say Lexus etc, not sure if the A340e is different for different vehicles??) The symptoms are... 20 mins into driving from cold the o/d flashing light comes on - intermittently - and the gearbox appears to be in limp mode - by that I mean it seems like it’s in third gear when I’m setting off from traffic lights... I can manually shift fine. Did a fluid change and the problem came on 40 mins into driving.... Any help is very appreciated
Back to top Go down
Lovethatvan

PostSubject: Re: Transmission solenoids a340e   Transmission solenoids a340e Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 3:36 am

Just to add... my alternator just went kaput (took it out n got it bench tested). I just learnt that dodgy alternators can cause transmission issues (for anyone surfing around that comes across this). So... I’m hoping of course that a rebuilt alternator will make the trans problem go away....
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Transmission solenoids a340e   Transmission solenoids a340e Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 am

You can create an account on Toyodiy.com and enter your VIN, then click through the system to find the solenoid you are looking for. Then you can get the part numbers.
Then you can also search on that part number to see if it exists in other models, so you can see if it is the same as in a Lexus.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Transmission solenoids a340e   Transmission solenoids a340e Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 7:57 pm

Also try a partial trans fluid change before you decide.
Back to top Go down
Lovethatvan

PostSubject: Re: Transmission solenoids a340e   Transmission solenoids a340e Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 8:43 am

Thankyou for the replies, it’s very helpful. Just to provide a conclusion. After doing a second partial fluid change I was surprised to realise it’s pink brown milky coloured.... which I think must be a recipe for a trans cooler leak in the radiator... oh dear. So my next step is to figure out if it’s possible to put an external cooler on and blank the hoses off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transmission solenoids a340e   Transmission solenoids a340e Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transmission solenoids a340e
Page 1 of 1