Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS BUT NOT COLD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jen's car

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Melbourne
Model and year : 1993 Super Custom 1KZH turbo diesel auto Japanese import to Oz. The escape machine, just getting started with it, few things I don't understand or can't do myself.
Registration date : 2017-09-17

AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS BUT NOT COLD Empty
PostSubject: AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS BUT NOT COLD   AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS BUT NOT COLD Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 pm

Sooo, just tried the air con in my new secondhand SC 1993 turbo diesel. Blowing well but NO cold air. I spoke to a mechanic who wants to just look at it before I go spending money on a special gas(?) for it (being a 93) and I said, "isn';t it just regassing" and he said, "How often do you regas your fridge?" SmartA. I HAVE had to regas my 2003 Huyndai twice since I bought it. I'd appreciate opinions please - we leave to go on a short trip on Tuesday (typically Sydney going to have a heatwave, Murphy's Law for me). We did survive yesterday by opening the second roof, that big one, felt nice on the back of my neck BUT any advice appreciated. Also, if anyone knows anyone in Melbourne that DOES this sort of thing for the SCs please advise.
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS BUT NOT COLD   AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS BUT NOT COLD Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:12 am

In Brisbane I've had good service from Natrad. Being a franchise, you can probably find one in Melbourne.
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS BUT NOT COLD   AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS BUT NOT COLD Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 6:44 am

I had mine done at natrad moorabin now blows nice and icey
Back to top Go down
Ace MM
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 49
Home City : California USA
Model and year : 1990 Super Custom 4WD Diesel LH107
Registration date : 2016-10-12

PostSubject: Re: AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS BUT NOT COLD   AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS BUT NOT COLD Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 4:18 pm

Mine was the same. The PO didn't care about having it functional.
The shop that did my conversion was hesitant but all went well. There was still pressure in the system which was the main reason he went forward. The fans didn't turn on due to the low pressure, who knows how long it had been since it was used.
Made it through the summer without a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS BUT NOT COLD   AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS BUT NOT COLD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS BUT NOT COLD
Page 1 of 1