Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alternator removal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Roop

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Llandrindod Wells
Registration date : 2016-08-17

Alternator removal Empty
PostSubject: Alternator removal   Alternator removal Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 8:32 am

Have a hiace super custom 1996 - Alternator stopped working - dodgy batteries cause it to fail I think! Need to remove and replace diodes I think? However complete novice at this. Looks like there's an air condition pump above it and looks like theres three belts to come off. Are there any manuals step by step guides or you tubes of removal by anyone?
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

Alternator removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator removal   Alternator removal Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 1:03 pm

I don't have AC in it so I don't know how crammed it is in there, but can't you replace diodes and/or brushes while it is still in there? So without removing it?

Anyway, I don't think batteries can damage an alternator. It is only possible to damage batteries with a bad alternator (broken regulator giving a very high voltage for example)
In this case, if you are certain that your alternator is broken, it is probably because it is old. And you may think your batteries are dodgy because they were not charged properly by your alternator.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Alternator removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator removal   Alternator removal Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 9:22 pm

Drivers seat out, drivers floor out. Alt can be removed after removing drive belt by adjusting the tensioner. No enough room to fit diodes in situ.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Alternator removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator removal   Alternator removal Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 11:05 pm

Diagrams can help working out where things go.
http://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist.php?maker=toyota&type=711140&cartype=136&fig=1903

If yours is the 3L Diesel 1KZTE engine it's the same as in the Hilux, there are more likely to be youtube videos of those than for the less popular Hiace.

BTW if you do have to push the A/C pump out of the way keep the pipes connected, it has to be drained and filled by an AC expert. I'd guess you could have a go from underneath but I haven't looked so I have no idea if that is possible.
Back to top Go down
bordurat
bordurat

Number of posts : 12
Home City : South Shore Mtl
Model and year : 1992 super custom limited lh107w
Registration date : 2016-09-07

Alternator removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator removal   Alternator removal Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 8:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alternator removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternator removal   Alternator removal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternator removal
Page 1 of 1