Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Engine cutting limp mode

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kerrylfleigh

Number of posts : 6
Home City : Geelong
Registration date : 2013-07-01

Engine cutting limp mode Empty
PostSubject: Engine cutting limp mode   Engine cutting limp mode Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 2:30 am

Hi my car (2000 SC 3L diesel auto) starts ok but cuts to limp mode at random. Usually starts ok straight away but then again cuts - now more and more frequently and pretty much straight away last time i drove it. I had an engine scan and the codes P1121 - fault in throttle position sensor as well as P1122 - fault in pedal position sensor came up. Can anyone help direct me as to with a where to go from here with this plz? Thx I love you
Back to top Go down
Post Oily Mark
Post Oily Mark

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Walsall
Model and year : Super Custom 2L-TE 2440cc Living Saloon LH100 1992
Registration date : 2016-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Engine cutting limp mode   Engine cutting limp mode Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 10:36 am

Hi Kerry

Please check my post 'ECU and Engine Management Light Issues and the fix' . You should find it under Hiace Electrical Sparky Lives Ere

Regards
Mark
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Engine cutting limp mode   Engine cutting limp mode Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 2:47 pm

Mark means this link:
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t2933-ecu-and-engine-management-light-issues-and-the-fix?highlight=ECU+++%2BEngine+Management+Light+Issues+++%2Bthe+fix

But if you mean you have a 3L auto, do you have a 3.0 litre engine? Or the engine with 3L code which is in fact a 2.8 litre?

Mark had a 2L-TE engine which is different from what you have, but you may have the same issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine cutting limp mode   Engine cutting limp mode Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engine cutting limp mode
Page 1 of 1