Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent

Go down 
+2
Hiace4wd
Egoloss
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Egoloss
Egoloss

Number of posts : 17
Home City : Tauranga
Model and year : 1994 3.0 Ltd Supercustom
Registration date : 2016-07-11

Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Empty
PostSubject: Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent   Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 7:09 am

• Hey everyone. Well i got my 1st Supercustom and are loving it. One problem. Noticed a bit of coolant puddled near my back wheel (drivers side) and then the coolant light come on.

After topping it up with water (just to locate leak) and looking around the radiator, i slheard a drip(s) and the lake of coolant/water pooling in the rear bottom heating vent.

So im assuming a hose is gone. And itz leaking to the outside of the van.The fan still blows.

So my question is...what is the best way to get in. And it should be just a hose replacement right..?

Also...what is the black round thing above the vent. (Bottom photo on side)

Thanks.

Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent 20160710

Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent 20160711

Lakvin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent   Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 9:25 am

I don't have this rear heating so I'm not sure where everything is. But can't you remove th panel and see what is leaking with a flashlight?
Back to top Go down
Egoloss
Egoloss

PostSubject: Re: Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent   Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 10:30 am

Yeah im guessing thatz the go. Just have to figure out the best way to go about it. Maybe im just being too precious with my new toy...hahaha.

The side seems to be made up of 3 panels...so im guessing top 1st.

Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent   Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 7:17 pm

I'm sure (memory may be playing tricks and mixing up Toyotas), that the rear heater matix is behind the driver seat in the sort of hump.
Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Egoloss
Egoloss

PostSubject: Re: Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent   Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 9:03 pm

I did open that hatch behind the drivers seat up. But there were no leaks visible there. Will take another look though. Just identifying what im actually looking at.
Back to top Go down
Egoloss
Egoloss

PostSubject: Re: Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent   Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 9:52 am

So somewhat got the panel off. So ive identified the fan blower (working) what is beneath it..? Reseviour tank..? This seems to ne directly above the leak. Again..just got to sort out how to get it off...im assuming the whole blower has to come with it.

Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Img_2010
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent   Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 11:56 am

Im not sure. But the part number could give a description.

But I guess there is no other way then to disassemble it.
Back to top Go down
Egoloss
Egoloss

PostSubject: Re: Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent   Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 6:42 am

Found the source of the leak...not hoses. Heater core. Wonder if a recore can happen...?

Again..guessing that i take the outside hoses (of the van) out so the whole unit slips off....

Fun times..!!
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent   Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 8:25 pm

Re-core should work.
Back to top Go down
Egoloss
Egoloss

PostSubject: Re: Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent   Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 2:16 am

Still working on it....seemz to leak less when traveling along. When stationary and off seemz to work
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent   Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 3:58 pm

Sounds like you can get it recored, or replace it with a 10mm or 15mm copper pipe if you don't think you'll need heat there, as I'm sure the heat would travel from the front, especially with the roof blowers on.

I suspect quite a bit of piping in the SC is redundant for the UK TBH.
Back to top Go down
Lakvin

Number of posts : 5
Home City : srilanka
Model and year : toyota hiace lh114 2000 modle
Registration date : 2022-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent   Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 1:30 pm

Egoloss wrote:

• Hey everyone. Well i got my 1st Supercustom and are loving it. One problem. Noticed a bit of coolant puddled near my back wheel (drivers side) and then the coolant light come on.

After topping it up with water (just to locate leak) and looking around the radiator, i slheard a drip(s) and the lake of coolant/water pooling in the rear bottom heating vent.

So im assuming a hose is gone. And itz leaking to the outside of the van.The fan still blows.

So my question is...what is the best way to get in. And it should be just a hose replacement right..?

Also...what is the black round thing above the vent. (Bottom photo on side)

Thanks.

Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent 20160710

Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent 20160711
fix it or the best wey i think.if it is not useful for you remove..becouse..the coolent leak will more harmful fpr your engin gascut
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 516
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent   Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2022 8:40 pm

Yup.

Seems like you have a hole in the rear heater matrix, or possible in the nearby piping, which would be easier to fix. There are several arrangements for the rear heater depending on model, but it looks like you have the same as fitted to my LH119. Here's a link to the heater units on my van: https://toyota.epc-data.com/regius_ace/lh119v/114894/electric/8712/#5, which I think might help. Put your vehicle in the seach area (based on VIN) on that site and get exact matches. The other heater and ventialtion sites should show you all you need.

Here are a few pictures as I've been working on my van that might also help.
Piping under the vehicle
Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent 2021-124

Matrix and cowl
Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent 2021-123

Cowl open
Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent 2021-125

On my van all the heater system (front, rear and connecting pipework) was badly blocked up and inefficient so I've been sorting this out

The system is fairly straightforward and quite good when working properly. Hopefully you can get the system fixed, whether this is a re-core or just to tighten or replace the clip(s) / hose. You won't know until you investigate further. I think it's worth having the rear heating. If you think not, then it's possible to bypass the rear heater and loop the system where it emerges from the engine area.

HTH, cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent   Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leak in Rear heater (hose) : Water pooling in vent
Page 1 of 1