Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OBD1 Scanner port???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

OBD1 Scanner port??? Empty
PostSubject: OBD1 Scanner port???   OBD1 Scanner port??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 12:38 am

Hey HiAce owners- I have a 1990 JDM import 4x4 Diesel Super Custom Hiace with the 3L motor. I do not see a port to plug in an OBD1 scanner. Not sure if I am missing the port or perhaps these earlier models do not have the capability to be read by a scanner. Looking for some help. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: OBD1 Scanner port???   OBD1 Scanner port??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2016 8:37 pm

If there is one it is by the battery,
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: OBD1 Scanner port???   OBD1 Scanner port??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 9:27 am

I'm not aware of any OBD ports. Would be interesting.
But these diesel engines are so simpel, they come from an age where the only electronics was the starter motor.
If you would have the 1KZ engine, it is a bit more advanced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OBD1 Scanner port???   OBD1 Scanner port??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 6:36 pm

In the battery compartment...

Kudos Clive. It is indeed there. Thanks for the assistance. I thought I had seen it at one point but couldn't remember where. Haven't been in there since last year when I changed out the cell.
Thanks Again.

Here's a few photos to reference for the next member looking for this same thing.

OBD1 Scanner port??? Cimg7812
OBD1 Scanner port??? Cimg7810
OBD1 Scanner port??? Cimg7811
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OBD1 Scanner port???   OBD1 Scanner port??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OBD1 Scanner port???
Page 1 of 1