Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

handbrake buzzer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chriss

Number of posts : 6
Home City : preston
Model and year : custom Hiace wagon 1993
4x4
auto
Registration date : 2016-05-23

handbrake buzzer  Empty
PostSubject: handbrake buzzer    handbrake buzzer  Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 11:18 pm

hello, I have a 93 2.8d 4x4 jap import ace , a week or to back , out of blue , i released the handbrake and a buzzer came on , handbrake on buzzer off . i replaced the switch (£40+) no joy . any ideas . i stuck a earth wire in the switch and the buzzer went of but the hand brake warning light stays on, ? what next .regards chris:idea:
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

handbrake buzzer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: handbrake buzzer    handbrake buzzer  Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2016 11:46 pm

Is your Hiace a camper with a pop-up roof hinged at the rear? If so, there should be a pair of micro switches at the front of the roof opening, either side of the release handle. If the closed roof isn't depressing the switches completely you will get the symptoms you describe. A squirt of contact cleaner into the switches solved the problem for me.
I think it's set up that way so that you can't inadvertently drive off with the roof unlocked.
Back to top Go down
chriss

4x4
auto

handbrake buzzer  Empty
PostSubject: thanks, sounds about right , i will check that now,   handbrake buzzer  Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 9:45 am

MalL wrote:
Is your Hiace a camper with a pop-up roof hinged at the rear?  If so, there should be a pair of micro switches at the front of the roof opening, either side of the release handle.  If the closed roof isn't depressing the switches completely you will get the symptoms you describe.  A squirt of contact cleaner into the switches solved the problem for me.
I think it's set up that way so that you can't inadvertently drive off with the roof unlocked.
Back to top Go down
chriss

4x4
auto

handbrake buzzer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: handbrake buzzer    handbrake buzzer  Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 10:10 am

hello mall , you are spot on, I drove it to the M O T and the garage disconnected the buzzer before the test , a few days later I found the locks undone , I need a hand book badly!. thanks again for your help
regards chris
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

handbrake buzzer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: handbrake buzzer    handbrake buzzer  Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 12:23 am

Good news, that's easy to fix. It was thanks to this forum that I found the cause when it happened to mine. There were so many red herrings when I was trying to track it down. For example, opening and closing the driver's window would sometimes activate or stop the buzzer. With hindsight it was the change in air pressure moving the roof slightly, but try to make sense of that when you don't know!
Back to top Go down
Dandy1972
Dandy1972

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Romsey
Model and year : SC Cruising Cabin 1993
Registration date : 2016-12-12

handbrake buzzer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: handbrake buzzer    handbrake buzzer  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Another thanks for this. I just bought my first Hiace and feared I had wiring issues. A quick fiddle with the roof and problem solved!
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

handbrake buzzer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: handbrake buzzer    handbrake buzzer  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 10:41 pm

That's great. Enjoy your new toy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

handbrake buzzer  Empty
PostSubject: Re: handbrake buzzer    handbrake buzzer  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

handbrake buzzer
Page 1 of 1