Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what make of awning is this?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Juanos
Juanos

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Suffolk UK
Model and year : 1990 Cruising Cabin VLH113VRRPDS
Registration date : 2013-06-03

what make of awning is this? Empty
PostSubject: what make of awning is this?   what make of awning is this? Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 9:24 pm

Thanks so much for everyones responses to my posts . It seems i have loads of jobs to do so will be pestering you all for a while yet!

It seems I have a lovely awning attached to the side but without any legs it hangs down to a couple of inches of the ground when fully extended. It has YKK printed on it and some instructions in Japanese. Its taken me this long to realise you need a 'key' to open it which is a long piece of metal like a little tent peg that is placed in the centre catch like mechanism that releases the awning. I'm sure I can cobble together some metal tent posts to do the job but i thought I might try and track down the proper legs first

Here's a picture of the groove for the leg:

https://s1097.photobucket.com/user/Juanos1/library/

Any ideas anyone?
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: what make of awning is this?   what make of awning is this? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2016 12:19 pm

Normally the legs for the awning are folded up into the metal awning part that comes out when you wind the awning out. Gosh, hat felt hard to describe then.

Theoretically there should be a a plastic bolt like thing that you twist and the leg will pop out, this can then be either affixed to the van in a bracket, or pegged to the floor.

Hope that helps?

Rich
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
Juanos
Juanos

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Suffolk UK
Model and year : 1990 Cruising Cabin VLH113VRRPDS
Registration date : 2013-06-03

PostSubject: Re: what make of awning is this?   what make of awning is this? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 8:28 am

toldsimply wrote:
Normally the legs for the awning are folded up into the metal awning part that comes out when you wind the awning out. Gosh, hat felt hard to describe then.  

Theoretically there should be a a plastic bolt like thing that you twist and the leg will pop out, this can then be either affixed to the van in a bracket, or pegged to the floor.

Hope that helps?

Rich

Thanks Rich - turns out that the legs are in there and those plastic bits are the feet so that saved me a whole lot of trouble!
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: what make of awning is this?   what make of awning is this? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 12:31 pm

Great to hear, and glad I could help. Just remember to fold it away in high winds, and also to air it if it's been rained on to reduce the chance of mildew.

Hope you're enjoying the HiAce.

Rich
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what make of awning is this?   what make of awning is this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what make of awning is this?
Page 1 of 1