Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cruising Cabin Air Conditioning Conversion, 2.3lbs R-134a

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Merlin_
Not so new now
Not so new now
Merlin_

Number of posts : 76
Home City : Nelson BC
Model and year : 92 Hiace 4x4 Diesel Cruising Cabin
99 Tercel ce *mint*
00 Tacoma *loved and now lost, sold to buy my van!*
Registration date : 2012-11-26

Cruising Cabin Air Conditioning Conversion, 2.3lbs R-134a Empty
PostSubject: Cruising Cabin Air Conditioning Conversion, 2.3lbs R-134a   Cruising Cabin Air Conditioning Conversion, 2.3lbs R-134a Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 3:00 am

The hot weather has arrived, and in anticipation of some cruising this summer I finally decided to do something about the ac in my van, which hasn't worked since I've owned it. I had just gotten used to driving with the windows down and being sweaty. Should be much more comfortable on the June road trip with my GF.

After had a dozen tries found a shop in town that would tackle the JDM RHD, (in Canada they usually look at it like some sort of spaceship, at me like some kind of hippy-alien, and shake their heads..)

Had to drain the old freon and convert it to R-134a, and it took 2.3lbs to charge it up, incase anyone needs the reference. Tested for leaks with some kind of UV dye, and it looks good. 380.00 CAD to ring it up but worth every penny, as I am now making ice cubes in the dash....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mjr760
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Cruising Cabin Air Conditioning Conversion, 2.3lbs R-134a   Cruising Cabin Air Conditioning Conversion, 2.3lbs R-134a Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 9:10 am

Good news. Where these vans actually sold there as LHD? If so, where they offered with AC?
Perhaps only the RHD imports can have AC.
Back to top Go down
Merlin_
Not so new now
Not so new now
Merlin_

Number of posts : 76
Home City : Nelson BC
Model and year : 92 Hiace 4x4 Diesel Cruising Cabin
99 Tercel ce *mint*
00 Tacoma *loved and now lost, sold to buy my van!*
Registration date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Cruising Cabin Air Conditioning Conversion, 2.3lbs R-134a   Cruising Cabin Air Conditioning Conversion, 2.3lbs R-134a Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 6:46 am

Ive seen somewhat similar vans here and the US in a lhd, and I imagine a/c would have been an option.  My friend had one that looked like this, but more rust than paint..  Can't remember if she had a/c..

http://www.toyotareference.com/colors/van/toyota_van_84_4D2_01.jpg
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mjr760
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Cruising Cabin Air Conditioning Conversion, 2.3lbs R-134a   Cruising Cabin Air Conditioning Conversion, 2.3lbs R-134a Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 8:26 pm

That is a Toyota van, known as a Space Cruiser in the UK and Tarago in Oz.

It was based on the Liteace van and evolved into the home Japanese Townace/Masterace.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruising Cabin Air Conditioning Conversion, 2.3lbs R-134a   Cruising Cabin Air Conditioning Conversion, 2.3lbs R-134a Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruising Cabin Air Conditioning Conversion, 2.3lbs R-134a
Page 1 of 1