Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone replaced the alternator/fan belt?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
splatt4000

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Bath, UK
Model and year : 1995 2.8l 3L diesel engine Hiace Reimo high-top campervan - imported to UK.
Registration date : 2013-11-23

Anyone replaced the alternator/fan belt? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone replaced the alternator/fan belt?   Anyone replaced the alternator/fan belt? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi

Anyone there replaced the alternator belts (there are two) on a 3L (2.8 litre) diesel engine? It seems to me I need to remove both the AC and power steering belts (and the fan?) in order to get the alternator belts off. Can that be right? Seems very complicated to me. I may be missing something very obvious.

Any help greatly appreciated...

Thanks.

Sam.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Anyone replaced the alternator/fan belt?   Anyone replaced the alternator/fan belt? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 5:54 pm

You have to remove whatever belts are in the way. I thread through the fan which turns freely, much less trouble than removing the fan and the four fiddly bolts.
Not sure if you have to remove drivers seat and floor on your bus to access all the pivot and adjusting bolts.
Back to top Go down
splatt4000

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Bath, UK
Model and year : 1995 2.8l 3L diesel engine Hiace Reimo high-top campervan - imported to UK.
Registration date : 2013-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Anyone replaced the alternator/fan belt?   Anyone replaced the alternator/fan belt? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks Clive. I've managed to get the belts out finally. They were seriously stretched. I did take the fan off in the end. The biggest pain was loosening the power steering pump - a very awkward bolt. Now just need to reassemble...!

Sam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone replaced the alternator/fan belt?   Anyone replaced the alternator/fan belt? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone replaced the alternator/fan belt?
Page 1 of 1