Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

Number of posts : 129
Home City : london
Model and year : LH113V 1992 Composer
Registration date : 2010-06-15

Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch   Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 11:48 am

I've grappled a couple of times with the fuel filter and posted about the difficulty of this before.
It was only when watching an RAC guy fiddle with it yesterday that I discovered you access it through a rubber hatch under the wheel arch!Again if its just me that found this out fare enough but I can’t be the only one so I thought I'd share.

Marko
Back to top Go down
Automaticman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 65
Home City : Neston/Dubrovnik
Model and year : HIACE SUPER CUSTOM LIMITED

Registration date : 2014-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch   Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 8:45 pm

Cheers geezer, wasn't looking forward to it tbh  Surprised 
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch   Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:50 am

Never to old to learn. I use to take the housing and filter off together, saves spilling any fuel on the drive, wroth of the wife avoided!
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch   Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 9:32 pm

Would love some instruction on how to do this.. Is it the passenger side wheel?
Can anyone give me a set by step.. I want to attempt this today.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch   Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 1:21 pm

I jacked the near side up to get the wheel to drop, lift flap disconnect the water sensor wire, unscrew the filter. Once out unscrew water trap from the bottom of the filter fit to new filter using new o ring and replace filter hand tight, pump the fuel primer to check it is airtight, if hard after 10 pumps all is well if not tighten the filter some more and repeat. Reconnect sensor wire, drop car back down and start up.
Can be done from underneath but required engine shields to be removed.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch   Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Mine was right there, No need to jack or anything, access was easy from the top. I just needed it pointed out lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch   Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuel Filter change. Access through wheel arch
Page 1 of 1