Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tems shockies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Tems shockies Empty
PostSubject: Tems shockies   Tems shockies Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 3:29 am

I have had a bit of a look but can't see if anyone has had any troubles replacing the Tems units with anything else. Just got a price from Toyota $500 each plus freight from Japan.Have to think hard about them at that price, could be trade in time. The RH one is just starting to show oil. Problem is I don't know what the ECU will do without the buggars

I'm sure someone here will have a thought on it.
Thanks
AQ
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Tems shockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tems shockies   Tems shockies Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 7:37 am

Don't think the ECU has anything to do with them, they have their own control box, speed sensor and one on the steering column. You can fit normal shocks but you will notice the difference.
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Tems shockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tems shockies   Tems shockies Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 7:29 pm

Thanks Clive, thought that the ride would suffer, only a bit I hope. Just can't justify spending over a grand on a 29 year old vehicle Sad
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

Tems shockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tems shockies   Tems shockies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:20 am

Hi,

I've replaced my shock absorbers with some aftermarket ones, not the TEMS. The TEMS display on the dash still fluctuates even though the shockers are not connected to it. Don't appear to have any issues with the ones I have put on.

Will try and see what ones were put on and what I paid for them.

With the new shocks, the ride is a little bit more softer, but then again, the old shocks were jammed tight. I had to be careful not to travel too fast on some of the back QLD roads last November because some of the roads are quite "bouncy"!!

Werner
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Tems shockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tems shockies   Tems shockies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Thanks Werner, bit the bullet and had a set of Monro's for an ordinary Ace put on. So far can't see any diff. Getting a wheel alignment today as it feels a bit out. The shocks cost $300 fitted; nit cheaper than $1200 odd Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tems shockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tems shockies   Tems shockies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tems shockies
Page 1 of 1