Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Moon roof operation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Moon roof operation Empty
PostSubject: Moon roof operation   Moon roof operation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:59 pm

I'm gradually getting to know how things work in my camper before my first big trip and am surprised to discover that the moon roofs are operable only when the ignition is switched on. I can understand why that would be the case in the original minibus but clearly this is very annoying in a camper conversion where you obviously want to be able to open & close them from the rear without having to go up front and switch the ignition on every time, especially in the middle of the night if they're open and it starts raining! Has anyone overcome this problem and managed to wire them up to operate directly? If so, how easy or difficult a job is that?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Moon roof operation   Moon roof operation Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:58 am

You just need to wire in a direct, fused, feed from the battery, leaving the original in place so it can still be operated from the front.
Back to top Go down
grimpanda
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 23
Home City : East Gippsland, VIC
Registration date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Moon roof operation   Moon roof operation Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:32 pm

I know this is an old post, but I've just managed to find a solution to this as my SC is also a camper (self-converted) and this has bugged me from the start.

I'll be posting a guide as soon as I get permission to post images (new member) - so keep an eye on this forum in the next week or so Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moon roof operation   Moon roof operation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moon roof operation
Page 1 of 1