Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mal_1200
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Jerilderie
Model and year : 1994 CS Limited
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights Empty
PostSubject: Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights   Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:46 am

I have successfully removed the 'you have left the key in the ignition whilst the drivers door is open' beeper. Quite alot of mucking around involved, It is located down beside the
air duct for the far right hand side vent (RH Drive) within the interior light relay (blue box), I unplugged the relay a while back thinking I had solved the problem, only to find the interior lights no longer operated with the opening of the doors. Since my Van is having a brake master cylinder rebore, I removed the resevoir tank for the brake fluid and was able to pull out the relay, only held in by one bolt, unplugged the cable and out it comes. You then unclip the bottom cover off the relay and the circuit board slides out, simply desolder the piezo electric buzzer from the board (round thing in the corner of the board that lines up with the holes in the outer case), only two pins, slide the board back into the case clip the bottom back on and refit. SWEEEET!
Back to top Go down
ricardo
Not so new now
Not so new now
ricardo

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Napier, NewZealand
Model and year : 1996 3L Super Custom, Club Field. Lowered, tinted, trans cooler.
Registration date : 2011-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights   Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:48 pm

Or you can snip the wire running into the beeper. Just remove plastic cover that surrounds the ignition. (where you put the key in to start) and snip the wire leading into the little silver box that attached to the ignition barrel, tape up the end and done. 5 min job. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mal_1200
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights   Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:32 am

Wouldn't that disable the auto steering wheel tilt as well??
Back to top Go down
ricardo
Not so new now
Not so new now
ricardo

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Napier, NewZealand
Model and year : 1996 3L Super Custom, Club Field. Lowered, tinted, trans cooler.
Registration date : 2011-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights   Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Auto steering wheel tilt! Shocked Sounds like you have a flash one! Youve got me there, trial and error to find that out I'd say. These vans seem to have a wide variety of spec, yours sounds like a nice one with some extra goodies!
Back to top Go down
Mal_1200
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights   Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:49 am

Mine is a work van with shelving and ladder racks Very Happy, and now brakes that work with out excessive pumping on approach to intersections and no more vibrations due to newly discovered (and replaced) seized uni joint, happy days! It does have some goodies, I just learnt about the proportioning valve that loads up the rear brakes more when I have a load of solar panels on board, I have, however, removed the electric curtains, rear heater and inner panels, or linnings/ trim from the back (to fit the shelves).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights   Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:12 am

although this method disables the interior door light too, I tried just taping up the ptt switch on the door. very quick, but it also disabled the warning light for headlights which is risky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights   Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removing annoying beeper without losing interior lights
Page 1 of 1