Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

reliability and fuel econmy

Go down 
+7
AussieQ
chrisandhiace
srburnsy
ruffnut
CustardCrazy
ricardo
MP
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ricardo
Not so new now
Not so new now
ricardo

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Napier, NewZealand
Model and year : 1996 3L Super Custom, Club Field. Lowered, tinted, trans cooler.
Registration date : 2011-03-31

reliability and fuel econmy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: reliability and fuel econmy   reliability and fuel econmy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:14 am

Ah ok, I thought you may have had some factory specs. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
snd.wave~
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 20
Home City : Melbourne
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: reliability and fuel econmy   reliability and fuel econmy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:29 pm

Am sure it can exceed 140kmh, I just felt that the gradual increase in speed reached a point, and I was going to have to put the foot right to the floor to push it further, and I wasn't comfortable pushing it, as I 'd bought the vehicle only a few hours prior Smile

Maybe next road trip i'll try again and get back with some results.
Back to top Go down
ricardo
Not so new now
Not so new now
ricardo

Number of posts : 48
Home City : Napier, NewZealand
Model and year : 1996 3L Super Custom, Club Field. Lowered, tinted, trans cooler.
Registration date : 2011-03-31

PostSubject: Re: reliability and fuel econmy   reliability and fuel econmy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:30 am

Ok so took her to 150 a couple of days back. Still climbing at that but only slowly. Ive had my Dads 2001 Prado up to 160 with the same engine. So, who will be the first to crack the 100MPH barrier in their custy??? affraid
Back to top Go down
urantia

Number of posts : 18
Home City : Perth
Model and year : 1997 Super Custom living saloon
4wd, 1kz
Registration date : 2011-05-20

PostSubject: Re: reliability and fuel econmy   reliability and fuel econmy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:51 am

I buaght mine from Nagoya motors. Not a great experience.

The van i wanted and put a deposit down they sold the following weekend. So then they offered me another one which cost $1000 more, but they would drop the price to match the same as the van i originally wanted.

All good. So i whent ahead and purchased. The website proudly proclaims

FREE DELIVERY AUSTRALIA WIDE
FREE 1 YEAR REGO
FREE 1 YEAR WARRANTY
FREE ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE

But i later find out i dont get free delivery australia wide. They would not send to tasmania (this is apart of australia) so i had to fly up to melbourne to collect it.

Also i did not get a warrenty with it! only some useless roadside assistance which i already had.

I also only got 3 months of rego with it.

And to top it all off the van had cooling issues straight off the bat!

i spoke with Nagoya Motors and they pretty much said, since they reduced the price thats why i didnt get those other extra's. and unless it was in writing i can get stuffed. (in a nutshell). By not getting those extra's the $1000 price reduction isnt really a saving at all!! its cost me more then $1000 to fly up and bring it back to Tas, and to get it registerered, and to deal with the cooling system issue out of my pocket!

So i may go ahead with a complaint to the ACCC.

I ended up fixing the cooling system issue myself (stuck thermostat thankfully nothing serious has happened).

So be very weary of Nagoya Motors.
Back to top Go down
MP

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Queanbeyan
Registration date : 2011-04-21

PostSubject: Re: reliability and fuel econmy   reliability and fuel econmy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 6:08 am

Thanks a million urantia - very useful. I came across too many opinions similar to yours about Nagoya motors so I am certainly going to keep away from them.

Hope the van will work well from now on. Enjoy and thanks again.
Cheers
Marcin

Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: reliability and fuel econmy   reliability and fuel econmy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 8:42 pm

Yep it's a good post mate, can't have enough warnings. 
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: reliability and fuel econmy   reliability and fuel econmy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 10:19 am

Good to find out about company to be wary of.

Has anyone dealt with Cosmopolitan Cars in Homebush, Sydney?

They seem to have a reasonable number of SC's in their yard. They offer 3yr Aust wide parts & labour warranty, 12 months rego & delivery Australia wide (presumerably for a price).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: reliability and fuel econmy   reliability and fuel econmy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

reliability and fuel econmy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2