Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yokohama Motor Sales 1994 Camper = HELP!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
petera

Number of posts : 3
Home City : London
Registration date : 2011-01-30

Yokohama Motor Sales 1994 Camper = HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Yokohama Motor Sales 1994 Camper = HELP!!!   Yokohama Motor Sales 1994 Camper = HELP!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi guys & gals,

New to this forum but hoping someone might be able to help me out or point me in the right direction to someone who can.

I recently (last week) bought a 1994 YMS Hiace 2.8lt diesel, 4x4 camper. Love it, the bairn loves it and even the wife is coming around to the idea of it.

Problem is, I've absolutely no manuals for the van or the conversion. I'm particularly interested in the electrical system for the habitation side. There's a humungous air con unit (not working) under one of the rock and roll seats and a fuel (paraffin/ kerosene, not diesel) powered heater under the other seat, thats also not working. The fridge is tri powered (gas, electric, battery) which works ok on the battery, not sure about the gas or electric as I've not tried them out.

There's also a bundle of wires disconnected, that appear to lead towards the converter and heater.

So what i need is help from someone who has experience with these conversions and who could talk me through the electrical layout.

I'm in East London but would happily drive to any trusted, competent mechanic/ service place if thats what's required.

Thanks for listening, Pete
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Yokohama Motor Sales 1994 Camper = HELP!!!   Yokohama Motor Sales 1994 Camper = HELP!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:58 pm

Welcome mate an happy trails with the new camper. Can't help with the wiring I afraid but one of the locals might be able to point you in the right direction
Back to top Go down
milkman
Been here a while
Been here a while
milkman

Number of posts : 129
Home City : london
Model and year : LH113V 1992 Composer
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Yokohama Motor Sales 1994 Camper = HELP!!!   Yokohama Motor Sales 1994 Camper = HELP!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:41 pm

Hey Pete,
We have a '92 hiace in Hackney. To the best of my knowledge there's no mechanics round here but I did use JEM Sales to have the cambelt changed. They are a jap car grey importer in Edgware

Others on here have used them and the downlow is that they're expensive but okay.

http://www.jemservice.co.uk/

I haven't used them but a visit to poplar motors in Chesterfield struck me that they could be good.

My contact with freespirit autos in Chichester gave me the feeling that hey are competent, well meaniing but overstretch themselves and you might be waiting to get problems fixed.

For the diesel heater you'd be better looking up service agents for the brand of heater, Webasto? Ebanspacher? They fit them to RVs and boats so you should find someone.

I take it you bought this as a fixerupper, not as in working nick?

Marko
Back to top Go down
bigfoot
bigfoot

Number of posts : 4
Home City : central victoria Australia
Model and year : KZH138 1997 Bigfoot super custom campervan
3lt turbo Diesel, AWD Super long wheel base high roof
Registration date : 2011-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Yokohama Motor Sales 1994 Camper = HELP!!!   Yokohama Motor Sales 1994 Camper = HELP!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:39 am

Hi Pete,
I also have just joined the forum, but I mite be able to help? hope fully now the hiace has beem sold in many places and in many forms for workvan to the super custom each will have the same wiring so if your van has had things removed or not fitted in the first place you will have wiring thats not doing anything. this should not effect the van opperation.
the motor and gearbox are probly the same as the 2.8lt hilux so you should be able to go to you nearest toyota dealer for help ask them, they mite also be able to help.
I hope this has beem helpful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yokohama Motor Sales 1994 Camper = HELP!!!   Yokohama Motor Sales 1994 Camper = HELP!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yokohama Motor Sales 1994 Camper = HELP!!!
Page 1 of 1