Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

Number of posts : 66
Home City : EASTBOURNE
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM 3.0LT TDI 4WD

Registration date : 2010-01-03

REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE) Empty
PostSubject: REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE)   REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Hi everyone, Merry Xmas santa

Has anyone out there replaced their windscreen, mine is a 1995 Hiace and the screen has a silk screened 50mm border around the glass. On other posts people have said about having the screen for the U.K Hiace compact fitted, unfortunately I have been told this will not work for my van as the Compact screen is held in with a rubber gasket and lacks the sreen printing that hides the glue that would secure my screen.

The upshot is Hiace Compact screen £100.00 Fitted Very Happy

Bonded in screen £450.00 fitted No

Has anyone had a bonded screen fitted for less, if so how much and by whom???

Thanks in advance,

Dave
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE)   REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:07 am

If you have windscreen cover on your insurance claim on that.
Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

PostSubject: Re: REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE)   REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:15 pm

Yep,

thought about that already, but not covered under my no claims No
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE)   REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:11 pm

It was a thought.
Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

PostSubject: Re: REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE)   REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:06 pm

No, thanks Clive it was a good suugestion, will just have to look What a Face a little harder.

Ta,

Dave
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE)   REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:25 pm

Not 100% sure but our screen looked new and it hasn't got the black edge as far as I can see so I would assume that the ordinary Hi Ace van screen fits. I can't see dealers forking out for a 450 quid screen.
Back to top Go down
KIWI DAVE
Not so new now
Not so new now
KIWI DAVE

PostSubject: Re: REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE)   REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi AussieQ,

very interesting, from what you are saying it sounds like the Hiace "Compact" screen should fit. From what I have seen the only difference is the U.K "Compact" screen is held in with a continuos rubber gasket and has no screen print. The Hiace Super Custom however has a screen print and is held in place with a plastic/rubber strip which is in 4 segments with 4 joiners in each corner. I'm curious how yours is held in place?

Big difference in price however from £100 to £450

Thanks for your advice Very Happy

Dave
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE)   REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:51 pm

OK just had a closer look, only 2 joiners on the bottom corners but the screen has ¾" black strip right round that I hadn't noticed before. Just goes to show should check before type. We have had a couple of Ace vans before but I can't remember the strip. They all had about a 3" blue strip on top as a sunvisor type of thing, this one hasn't. Here is the Jap part number for screen on plain Hi Ace first then ours below

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_G_1992_TOYOTA_HIACE_RZH103R-RBMRSQ_5554.html
http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199409_TOYOTA_HIACE_KZH100G-MFPQT_5554.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE)   REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REPLACEMENT WINDSCREEN (BONDED IN TYPE)
Page 1 of 1