Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So a big drive ahead.. Any tips

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

So a big drive ahead.. Any tips Empty
PostSubject: So a big drive ahead.. Any tips   So a big drive ahead.. Any tips Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:51 pm

So we are heading off to Cairns Nth QLD at the end of December. Its about 3000km from here. We plan to do it over 3 or 4 days.
The hiace aka "Mr Bleepy" is only "new" so serviced recently. Anything I should do before we hit the road? Anything I should check while on the road etc.

Any tips to make it a smooth safe problem free trip would be much appreciated...

OH & I still haven't figured out my wet foot problem... Moving to TFNQ in th wet season! I need to figure out the issue LOL
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: So a big drive ahead.. Any tips   So a big drive ahead.. Any tips Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi Fiona

Assuming there is coolant in the engine water. Have you checked the water that is wetting your feet does it smell sort of sweet. I don't want to alarm you, but if it does it could be coming from the heater matrix. Another sign for this is if you have to top up the water in the expansion tank. Better to find out before setting off.

I cannot remember in your other thread if said you checked around the windscreen and the window washer nozzles. While you are at it check the door seals and the sunroof drain is not blocked. The passenger one too water can seen to get anywhere somehow. Thats all I can think of at the moment, but it is a start. I hope you find the source soon.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: So a big drive ahead.. Any tips   So a big drive ahead.. Any tips Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:05 pm

It rain water for sure. It only happens when I am driving in the rain. Its ok to sit int he rain but it leaks when I drive. I think the seal around the windscreen looks a little lifted but not sure. Its hard to track because it only comes in when I am driving in the rain LOL
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: So a big drive ahead.. Any tips   So a big drive ahead.. Any tips Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:27 pm

You could try examining from inside while someone lets go with a garden hose...
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: So a big drive ahead.. Any tips   So a big drive ahead.. Any tips Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:31 pm

I thought of that but because its on the drivers side near the accelerator the only way to get right up in there to see is to have the door open, so I think more water would come in fromt he open door. But I will try that on the weekend I think.
Im having a crab bar put in on monday in the back so I might ask if he can have a little poke around for me while he has it, see if anything stands out to him.
I don't know whats normal up under there so its hard to look & go AHHHHH thats the problem!
Back to top Go down
dandywarhol
Been here a while
Been here a while
dandywarhol

Number of posts : 163
Home City : Edinburgh, Scotland
Model and year : 1995 LH129V 2.8 Superlong semi hi top campervan 4WD with Mitsubishi turbo
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: So a big drive ahead.. Any tips   So a big drive ahead.. Any tips Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:12 pm

Any rot around the windscreen wiper spindles?
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: So a big drive ahead.. Any tips   So a big drive ahead.. Any tips Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Does the drain from the front skylight go there? That is if you have one. I know it is near the taillights from the back ones. and the middle gos near the pillar I think but haven't seen front.
The move permanent or just holiday. Big shift climate wise Smile
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: So a big drive ahead.. Any tips   So a big drive ahead.. Any tips Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Its a permanent move! My husband is from up that way & has been offered a job with the TAFE in cairns.

No my hiace doesn't have any sunroofs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So a big drive ahead.. Any tips   So a big drive ahead.. Any tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So a big drive ahead.. Any tips
Page 1 of 1