Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OK Aussie peeps

Go down 
+2
simongd
Fiona
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

OK Aussie peeps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:00 am

lol nah i need to seat 7 people
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:03 am

Fiona,
why do you need to seat them, they are only children, carrier bags on hooks on the side would be fine surely?
Back to top Go down
http://www.werx.net.au
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:10 am

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 5:50 am

Ok so we went & left a deposit on the car I linked too earlier in the thread... Said we would come home & talk about it & go from there..

So they will put in an immobiliser & 2 extra anchor points for me plus put that thing in for the radio..
The car drives well, is neat & tidy No visable rust underneath or sign of it been painted underneath that would suggest rust (?)..

Now the things im not sure about.. Should we have an independent inspection done? They tell me that they are inspected when they go to auction in japan.. then again at customs & then they do a full service/check also. It has new tyres etc..

He wasn't trying to talk me out of having one done but basically said we are welcome to do it but the car does have a 3 yr warranty on it that would cover anything that might come up anyway & said he can pretty much garentee me that nothing would... He didn't come off like he was trying to hide anything about the car. Was very casual no hard sales pitch at all. Was lovely to deal with someone who didn't put any pressure on us. He is also happy to drive it up to me here at home seems I live 2 hours from the yard. I said I would happily meet him half way though.

So basically I am after some opinions on if we should fork out the extra $200 (that we don't really have) for the inspection or just take the risk & trust all is above board?
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:02 am

I'd take a punt on it , just make sure they do the timing belt and full service , diff and engine oil , power steering & brakes etc and you should be fine.
3 lt turbo diesel I assume.
Maybe you can get them to service the auto as well , not sure that is part of the compliance though.
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:25 am

Have the check
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:28 am

and get the dealer to pay for it!
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:48 am

mr freeze wrote:
I'd take a punt on it , just make sure they do the timing belt and full service , diff and engine oil , power steering & brakes etc and you should be fine.
3 lt turbo diesel I assume.
Maybe you can get them to service the auto as well , not sure that is part of the compliance though.
Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 11:49 am

Sorry WERX I missed your replies... hmmm I will talk tot hem & see what they say. I might tell them we are keen, want the car, want the check but its pushing our funds to do it all. Which is true.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 6:35 am

Pick it up tomorrow evening.

think I will go with NRMA for insurance seems it them or Just cars & at least I can bundle with NRMA for other things & get a discount & pay by the month.

Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 6:39 am

Congratulations.
Rex
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 10:55 am

Have picked it up & am freaking out a tad...

They supplied but have not installed the radio frequency thing. Supplied but not installed the 2 extra anchor points.. & the fuel gage was all over the place driving home. I think that was just because of the hills but AHHHHHHHHHHHH man I hope these things iron ok once I get use to the car.

Also the seatbelts in the back have a retractor at the bottom as well as the top & I couldn't get it tight enough to hold the baby seat secure.. Any tips?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OK Aussie peeps
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2