Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OK Aussie peeps

Go down 
+2
simongd
Fiona
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 164
Home City : Brinsmead, QLD, Australia
Registration date : 2010-04-11

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:45 pm

I am getting closer to my Hiace! We have been approved finance Smile Now. I have my eye on a 99 hiace at Nayoga Motors. WHat exactly do i want to look at/for, ask etc.
I don't want to walk in there & look like I know nothing & get the "sales pitch" I want to know what I need to know so they know I know what I want LOL.

So guide me people. I will try & get over there first this saturday AM.

ALso Insurance... Who am I likely to get the best deal with? I don't have a heap of time up my sleeve with 4 kids to sit onthe phone all day being told no we wont touch that. So who do I try? What is a good price for comprehensive?

thanks
Back to top Go down
simongd
Been here a while
Been here a while
simongd

Number of posts : 176
Home City : Liverpool
Model and year : Looking for my next
Registration date : 2010-01-28

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:51 pm

There is a thread somewhere on this forum about exactully what yuo want to know, just have a search
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Our insurance is with Just Cars.  As far as I can see there are only 2 in Aus that do the job Shannons, which wouldn't do ours, and JC.  I think for both you have to have an immobilizer fitted. Ours was about $300 but I spose age comes into it. Just checked this thread and saw I was out 70 odd $'s Smile
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/insurance-f4/australian-insurance-t307.htm?highlight=insurance
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:23 pm

ah crap see thisis what bothers me.. Carsales me telling me that they are hard to insure etc... parts... etc

But then Im told Na, they all good.

Then I ask & yep seems like it will be a bit of an issue. Am I silly to think that this is a good option for us.. I just what a realisable large family van that wont cost us the earth every other month (like the friggin Kia does!)

Please be honest. Is it really worth owning one.. Put aside your love & tell the honest truth.. Someone who just wants a car KWIM?
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

Number of posts : 475
Home City : Sydney
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2000
Registration date : 2009-05-28

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:27 pm

You are not going to get an unbiased opinion on this web site Fiona. I have owned mine for 3.5 years now and have put 20k on it in that time without one issue. My mechanic thinks it is great and he is and old English car fan. I am insured with GIO but pay a lot because it is a company vehicle. I have not had a problem with parts except the front bumper when some idiot smacked it but I located one in NZ. Most of the parts are common to other Toyotas and nowadays through this website you can locate parts from all over the globe without a major issue. You get a lot of vehicle for your money and the motors are good for 200k+. Whatever you do don't buy the Mitsubishi Delica as the motors are not the best and the Nissen Elgrande will have parts problems as the bodyshape was never imported here. When I thought about selling mine I looked at all the options and thought what else would I get for the money? The answer was - nothing.
Rex
Back to top Go down
http://www.werx.net.au
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Number of posts : 150
Home City : SYDNEY
Model and year : 99 LIMITED 2000 UPDATE
Registration date : 2008-04-01

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Get the dealer to install the imobilser for you, they usually do that sort of thing to get te sale but negotiate your price first. if your looking at #1124, the 4wd limited with the digital dash, then watch out for the after market steering wheel coz there is no airbag on it so may be a prob when you go for pink slip, also looks like it has no spare wheel. if you want that one get them to swap stuff off another van. good luck.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks.. Werx.. when you say you have put 20k on it do you mean thats what its insured for or you have spent 20k in 3 years on it?

Im keen on the #984. I prefer the look of that one. I don't really like the two tone ones. they look old & daggy LOL but wont let that be the decider.

What about fuel.. I have heard that the 3 lt is a fuel guzzler?
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:43 pm

LOL I know im not going to get an unbiased opinion but really where do I go to get one? I either get told to stay away from imports in general or that they are fab.

Also, what do I want to look for as far as rust? I plan on having it independently looked at but its a big hike for me out to where it is & I wont be able to use my regular mechanic to look it over.
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Fiona,
People in Australia are biased against imports because they don't know anything about them and are being fed missinformation by the motor trade. If you look at NZ the second hand import business is huge. the government encouraged the trade because it improved the overall quality of vehicles on the road. there is no car manufacturing in NZ so you tend to get a more open opinion.
rex
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:32 am

gah I have rung about 4 places now & they all said nop. Just cars wants $959.. surly I can o better then that?
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 6:54 am

Have you thought about a Tarago?
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:17 am

WERX wrote:
Have you thought about a Tarago?
you are kidding right?
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:56 am

Hi , is that dealer at Taren Point? 5 minutes from me
if you going to do serious 4wD ing then dont get the 4wd version, although better traction on wet roads and safer.
3Liter diesel is a good strong engine if serviced regulary
If you dont like the diesel get the 2.4 petrol efi ,same engine as we got here.
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:06 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:07 am

umm there at CARINGBAH. I don't know the area so can't say if that is near taren point?
We don't 4WD. But I live in the blue mountains on the bells line of road is which is usually wet & foggy & justa crap road in general.

So the 3lt diesel isn't bad on fuel? I want a diesel. just seems like it needs teh grunt that would have to pull a car that big
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:08 am

I have looked at tarago's and will keep them in mind but they just are not big enough for my needs. 5 kids, dog, pram, shopping etc.....
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 9:51 pm

4WD will be thirstier.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:07 pm

ah ok. The one I am looking doesn't actually say anything about being a 4WD? I kinda assumed they just all were?
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:26 pm

No the majority are 2WD. If you look carefully at the one I think you are interested in it does say 4WD somewhere as Vozza pointed out. they usually a bit more expensive as well. So if you don't need it then don't go for it.
Rex
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:31 pm

http://cars.ebay.com.au/1999-Toyota-Hiace-KZH100-SUPER-CUSTOM-G-Beige-A-Van_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ170488244849
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Looks like this guy is privately importing which means you are not paying dealer rates:
http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=6322043&__Ntt=super custom&__Qpb=true&__Dx=mode matchany&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Price_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=super custom&__N=834 1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294962534 4294962861&__Ntx=mode matchallpartial&seot=1&__Ntk=CarAll&silo=1011&Cr=10&__Nne=15&trecs=13&__D=super custom&__sid=12AFCC53EB31
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:41 pm

I need to use my trade in to fund part of the price & the ones I am looking at are about the same price as those anyway & come with warranty/12mth rego etc. i likie the look of this one http://www.nagoyamotors.com.au/zoom.php?id=984 says nothing about 4wd....

Thanks heaps, hey, you are being very helpful, I appreciated it Smile
Back to top Go down
WERX
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
WERX

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:00 pm

Looks good, no that is a 2WD, not a bad price. A lot of them were used as hotel taxis ferrying clients from airport to hotel in Japan so usually well looked after and the Japanese pink slip laws tend to make vehicles over 10 years old redundant to keep the new car market buoyant.
Rex
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Been here a while
Been here a while

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:12 pm

Oh excellent, that is really good feedback Smile
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 7:49 am

alot of car for 15k , unless you want to buy hiace tradie Aus version for the same price
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OK Aussie peeps Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK Aussie peeps   OK Aussie peeps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OK Aussie peeps
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next