Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

traveeling to Europe June

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kevin507

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-03-04

traveeling to Europe June Empty
PostSubject: traveeling to Europe June   traveeling to Europe June Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi guys, I have a Super Custom 3.0L 1996. Had it 6 years and nothing has gone wrong with it bar a new exhaust - it's totally reliable and I love it. Anyhow I want to go abroad to Spain in her but worry about parts should anything happen in that heat! Anyone know if spares availability will be as bad as here. I don't know if this vehicle was ever sold there. Also suggestions on what obvious spares I could take along i.e. thermostat, bulbs etc?
Ta,
Kevin
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: traveeling to Europe June   traveeling to Europe June Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:20 am

Take what you can. Get good breakdown cover. Most will try to source parts rather than pay for transporting back to UK.

As for spares to carry, take as much as you can. I allways have any old belts poked in somewhere, a gallon of water (cheap drinking water from a supermarket also handy if you need a drink/wash a graze ect.), roll of electrical wire and some insulation tape. Most of all a good tool kit, mainly so you can help other breakdowns that you come accross!

Most important of all have a good service a few weeks before you go so any problems show up before you start!
Back to top Go down
jimsmim
Been here a while
Been here a while
jimsmim

Number of posts : 188
Home City : paisley
Model and year : VW TRANSPORTER T5 LWB poptop camper
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: traveeling to Europe June   traveeling to Europe June Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:26 pm

Quote :
Anyone know if spares availability will be as bad as here

as toyota can supply any part you ask for ..(usually in acouple of days).. if you give them the chassie no.. ... I'd hate to see the problems you'd have with a vehicle thats genuinly difficult to get parts for mate...... Laughing
Back to top Go down
kevin507

PostSubject: Re: traveeling to Europe June   traveeling to Europe June Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Thanks guys. My windscreen got cracked and it's gonna take at least one and a half weeks - I'm not taking a spare though! Problem is if it needs to come from Japan
K
Back to top Go down
entwistlea
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
entwistlea

Number of posts : 324
Home City : Sandhurst, UK
Model and year : 1996 Super Custom Ltd. 3.0 TDI EFI
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: traveeling to Europe June   traveeling to Europe June Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:08 pm

toyota are pretty popular in Spain, so you'll prob find that basic stuff shoudl be ok, only teh SC specific will prob be a challenge. Don;t let it put you off tho, get a good service before you go and decent cover as Clive suggests... then Enjoy

I took "bertha" round north europe end of last year... was great !
Back to top Go down
http://www.hpi.co.uk
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: traveeling to Europe June   traveeling to Europe June Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:59 pm

I envy you, have a safe trip mate.
Back to top Go down
kevin507

PostSubject: Re: traveeling to Europe June   traveeling to Europe June Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:56 am

Thanks guys. She's so damn reliable I don't know why I'm fretting really.
K
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: traveeling to Europe June   traveeling to Europe June Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

traveeling to Europe June
Page 1 of 1