Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power

Go down 
+7
entwistlea
ruffnut
AussieQ
Clive
chrisandhiace
maximus
kiwisteve74
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power   1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:42 pm

New head ordered hope to fit this month.
I did 700kms over the last weekend towing a folding camper, very slow on any type of hill.
Will report back once the new head is on.
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: 1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power   1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Many pounds worth ?
Back to top Go down
mr freeze
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Sydney South
Model and year : 99 SC 4WD 1KZ-TE
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: 1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power   1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:17 am

I would check the EGR valve is not stuck open.
Make sure it's closed and disconect the vacuum hose and plug the sucker and disable it anyway.
first hing i did when I got mime.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

PostSubject: Re: 1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power   1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:57 am

New head not fitted as it was the wrong one, good job I bought a Toyota head gasket as it was not the same!

Head is a made up one from the Head Centre Par Cornwall UK £380 plus VAT, very helpful people shame the stockman got it wrong!

EGR already disconnected and when I pull the head will be removed.

Back to top Go down
cyfad
cyfad

Number of posts : 9
Home City : auckland nz
Model and year : 1996 Toyota Hiace Super Custom G 3.0 turbo full time 4wd manual
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: 1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power   1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:42 am

I had a similar problem for about a year with an unusual "miss" and then black smoke and the huge increase in power (wtf) it has gotten progressively worse, had it scanned, came up with airflow meter fault #32, i tried something the other day that seems to have fixed all my problems so far (fingers crossed).
On the intake manifold there is a boost sensor connected via vacuum hose to the intake plenum, on the vac hose there is a air/oil separator, my one was cracked so i tried sealing it up with no avail, Toyota NZ don't even know what this part does? anyhow on good advice i bypassed the filter and what a difference, boost is far more consistent, no smoke at all, the only thing is to blow the hose clean say every oil change but im sure i can handle that.
Most engines i see online have had the same filter bypassed so id say it common knowledge that this filter fails at some stage.
Hope some of you find this a help, has certainly made me a happy man
Cheers Nick NZ
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

PostSubject: Re: 1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power   1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:13 am

Have a look at second  piccie in Maximus post below, and see if that is the same filter mate. Just curious..
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/members-guides-to-fixing-problems-f8/how-to-fit-a-boost-gauge-t459.htm?highlight=boost+gauge
Back to top Go down
cyfad
cyfad

Number of posts : 9
Home City : auckland nz
Model and year : 1996 Toyota Hiace Super Custom G 3.0 turbo full time 4wd manual
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: 1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power   1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Its the same type of filter, but the manifold is a different setup to mine, my filter is between the intake plenum and the boost controler, i thing with the egr still in use they get blocked very easy, my next mission is to bypass the EGR and clean intake, should stay alot cleaner without exaust gas going through it
Back to top Go down
kiwisteve74

Number of posts : 19
Home City : New Zealand
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: 1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power   1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:56 am

That's the little filter that split and started all my trouble. after the mechanic finally found the split filter it run better but now has no bottom end.

I spoke to a bit of a diesel guru on the weekend. he said that the injector pumps wear out at about 300,000kms. mine has done 330,000. He said the actual casing of the pump gets worn and causes intermittent issues. I'm going to try make the 350km trip down to him with it at some point. He said it could be a number of things and was real helpful. A relative of my partner works for him and said hes the man for the job. time will tell, i will keep my fingers crossed.

http://www.jep.co.nz/index.htm

Steve
Back to top Go down
brenss

Number of posts : 1
Home City : melbourne Aus
Registration date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: 1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power   1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 4:33 am

Hi guys, Another SC enthusiast having the same prob's in this feed. been to many mechanics and spent some serious cash trying to sort out the same problems listed but i have noticed with mine that when ive noiticed it has lost power at idle i can hear it pinging.
has any one sorted this out yet as i have been hangin to get this fixed.
Things done
Ecu Capasitor exploded nearly fried the board and replaced with larger cap
$1000Aud on injectors
$2500Aud on head gasket and full top end rebuild,headshave, valves etc
$1200 on custom radiator to be built and water pump as these radiators dont exist as parts in Australia sux huh!!
far out the list goes on, i am moving towards fuel pump next so will keep you posted on cost and i am trying a hilux part if it dont fit ill make it god damn it lol!!
but if that dont work im onto the gearbox then turbo then exaust, i can hear my wallet withering away!!! but these vans are worth it im hooked.
Also guys i have been reading a few posts about intercooling these babys and it can be done, ive shown a mate of mine who does these kind of mods on jap performance cars and after i fix the issues with the donk
ill get on top of it for yas ill post a pic toasting the back tyres and all the mods funny stuff.
But please if someones sorted this out a bit of direction wont go astray to save my wallet from instant death
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: 1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power   1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:15 am

Before you replace the pump try replacing the two sensors from the top/side. I've been speaking to a Toyota mechanic in Japan via a translator in Singapore (the WWW is just fantastic, although a little slow in getting replies and things still get lost in translation!), he suggested disconnecting both and shorting the the connection and see what that does. Not had a chance to do mine as it has been cold and snowy here but that is all melting today so may get out there and have a play.
Update been out and it started and run just as it should, not going to touch while it is not broke.
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

PostSubject: Re: 1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power   1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:39 pm

Here is a comparison for pricing for people in Aus. Haven't had to use them but looks good
http://www.dencodiesel.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?page=store&idProduct=296&idCategory=109
Back to top Go down
kiwisteve74

Number of posts : 19
Home City : New Zealand
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: 1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power   1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:46 am

Well after 2 years of trying to fix my issue i brought a second hand 2002 prado injection pump and my problem is solved!!!!

More Toe than a Roman sandal cheers
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: 1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power   1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Gave up and sold mine on thinking I would not have time to sort it and have now found I have!

Well done for sticking with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power   1kz - te  Super custom Fault - loss of power - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1kz - te Super custom Fault - loss of power
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3