Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Loss of power?? HELP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Markmark88
Not so new now
Not so new now
Markmark88

Number of posts : 39
Home City : Cronulla, Sydney.
Model and year : 1995 Toyota Hiace Super Custom limited. 3.0 turbo diesel
Registration date : 2018-06-04

Loss of power?? HELP Empty
PostSubject: Loss of power?? HELP   Loss of power?? HELP Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 1:46 am

So I’m at a loss here, my 95 3litre turbo diesel baby has lost significant power, as though the turbo is intermittently working, I used to get power and turbo wind at 2500rpm now I can barely make it up steep inclines on the highway without dropping it back to 3rd gear (automatic btw!!) or using overdrive to make sure the revs sit above 3k. There is a hole in the exhaust manifold that bolts to the engine, it now sounds like I’m starting a f&$king lawnmower some mornings! That’s not all, out of this hole is obvious exhaust coming out but also a blackened sludge not as runny as oil, but more a thickened black sludge. I’m at a loss as to what could be happening here and would love to hear some advice on this or if there’s anyone who has ever had similar experiences??
Thank you in advance!!
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Loss of power?? HELP   Loss of power?? HELP Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 8:40 am

Hardly surprising looseing power sounds like serious problems with exhaust and probably EGR inlet manifold gunged up turbo pressure sensor too ,if oil is rely bad probably worn pistons is it very high mileage if so its probably kneads a engine swap.
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Loss of power?? HELP   Loss of power?? HELP Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2019 1:13 am

The sludge is relatively normal but I'd say it's worse because of bad running.
Your problem sounds 3-fold.
1: Fix the exhaust manifold.
2: Replace the Turbo Pressure sensor filter and clean the feed-tube to it.
3: Remove the intake manifold & clean it.

That power loss symptom usually relates directly to the Sensor and the filter. 1&2 are critical, 3 is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loss of power?? HELP   Loss of power?? HELP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loss of power?? HELP
Page 1 of 1