Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

headlight adjustment

Go down 
+2
Spud_Gun
kev
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kev

Number of posts : 18
Home City : west australia
Registration date : 2007-03-23

headlight adjustment Empty
PostSubject: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 4:02 am

hi all , well i put some spotlights on the van and found that i wanted to adjust the headlights as well so i sourced out the adjusters which are inside each side behind a grommet.but as i went to adjust them i heard a clicking sound ,ive heard this before on a mitsi express . the adjusters are joined by a series of little cogs and wheels,lego stuff.
the clicks are the teeth falling off the cogs hence no headlight adjustment. you can overcome this problem fairly easily .you must pull the headlight out of the van and take the plastic adjuster off and send it over your left shoulder, then you will see that there is two adjusting srews obout 60mm apart all you have to do is measure that distance onto the body where the indent for the headlight is and drill two more holes they will be at a slight angle no probs there all you need then is two more grommets. put your headlights back in and adjustment can them be made right and left up and down separately , using a screwdriver with extension and or a little socket on the end and the only difference is two more grommets where you dont even see them
Back to top Go down
Spud_Gun
Been here a while
Been here a while
Spud_Gun

Number of posts : 200
Home City : Taunton, Somerset UK
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 9:54 am

Thanks for that, have to wire in the driving lamps this weekend so will probably do this whilst doing the wiring Very Happy
Back to top Go down
room101
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 90
Home City : Torbay
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 1:57 pm

Had mine out to clean.....

headlight adjustment DSCF0050
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 12:10 pm

cor you do a serious job of cleaning the lights lol! there seems quite a large space at the front is this filled with anything or empty(when the bumper is back on)cos ive read that my engine(2.4 2lte)benefits from having an intercooler to produce more power and reduce the threat of a cracked head.
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

PostSubject: Re: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 10:35 pm

is it a hard job to take off the front grill and bumper?
Back to top Go down
Spud_Gun
Been here a while
Been here a while
Spud_Gun

Number of posts : 200
Home City : Taunton, Somerset UK
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 11:57 am

Don't know if anyone would agree, but itisn't a badjob just fiddly Exclamation
However I must say I applaude your enthusiasm Room101 Smile .

And intercooler will not only help with calming the temps, but because air is better cold , you might find it a supprise in performance (pending on if the ECU is happy with the air temp changes).
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

PostSubject: Re: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 2:08 pm

ahhh room101 i can see l cid on ya windscreen.did i read a post a few years ago by you on another forum or is this just coincidence?if so you must have years of experience to offer.(aint saying ya old though) lol!
Back to top Go down
room101
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 9:29 pm

Hi It took about 1 hour to strip down this time as i have done bits before, there is quite a lot of space behind there.

headlight adjustment DSCF0051

Strip the front off to clean the horizontal rad, and touch up some rust under there...

L cid is from the Estima club have been a member there for a while and the board of knowledge as well...

Am old as well..... Very Happy

Hoping to change gearbox rubber this weekend but the weather is not helping... Crying or Very sad

headlight adjustment DSCF3904

Should stop the bumping sounds.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

PostSubject: Re: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 10:02 pm

cheers for that.does the front grille pull off or does the bumper have to come off first?
Back to top Go down
room101
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 10:43 pm

Side lights first and then 4 screws 2 each end and then pull off....
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

PostSubject: Re: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 10:49 pm

cheers buddy hope that mounts not costing you a small fortune
Back to top Go down
room101
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 10:51 pm

Just over £20 from GTmotors...
Back to top Go down
Viceroylodge

Number of posts : 8
Home City : Brighton
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Super Custom 2.4 1993
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:06 am

Hi,

Can't seem to get to my headlights to change a bulb. I've managed to remove indicator unit then a srew into side of sidelight holding it in place but it doesn't move backwards or forwards. Are there extra scews holding in the sidelightin place that I should remove to get to the headlight?
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 7:20 pm

Hi.

I saw this post and while it's old I expect the problems won't have gone away for others.

Here's the adjuster unit next to where this one sits on the headlight unit.

headlight adjustment 2021-010

Here's that the units look like inside. The slot fits over the adjuster unit on the headlight. The other (knurled) end is the splined end of the adjuster bolt that goes through the bulkhead. On my units it's this driven cog that has failed. Am looking for the best glue / epoxy material etc to fix this.

headlight adjustment 2021-011

This is the 4 adjusters after they came out of the ultrasonic bath.

headlight adjustment 2021-012

I hope this gives an idea of these units. Looking through the online parts catalogue by no means are they fitted to all models and they are not fitted to the driving lights on my van.

Cheers

hose LH178 5L likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: headlight adjustment   headlight adjustment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

headlight adjustment
Page 1 of 1