Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
qpv8evo
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery Empty
PostSubject: Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery   Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:59 am

Hi,can anybody tell me what they mean by "Stop Light" on fuse number 16?On attaching an ammeter I have got a huge current draw on this circuit which is draining the battery overnight,removing fuse 16 removes the drain,the handbook says that the fuse covers interior lights,door open warning lights,step light and stop light but the brake lamps are still working with the fuse removed,the fuse is labelled "Dome"not sure what this means,is this a japenese word for interior illumination??
I need to find out what else is on this fuse to try and find what is staying on overnight
Many Thanks in advance
Gareth
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery   Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 1:55 pm

Sounds like we have the same book. Perhaps "dome" is what they call the middle interior light ?

My book says that fuse 14 is the stop light with the description of display light.

Good luck and if you want me to pull fuses to test let me know
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery   Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:21 pm

Dome is all interior lights.

Sounds like you have a short on one of them. Pull each bulb and check with your ammeter.
Back to top Go down
qpv8evo
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery   Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:52 pm

Thanks guys,I will have to re connect the ammeter and do each at a time like suggested.
Gareth
Back to top Go down
chrisandhiace
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 502
Home City : Preston
Model and year : LH 107 4wd 1992
Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery   Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:10 pm

I repaired one of my interiors recently. If you are in the UK at the moment you'll probably have a fair bit of condensation above the roof lining etc....which may/may not be contributing. Worth a thought anyway Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery 183673
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery   Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Current draw on fuse 16 flattening Battery
Page 1 of 1