Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coolant leak

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hanah

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Ware UK
Model and year : Hiace 200, 2006. Camper conversion
Registration date : 2023-11-20

Coolant leak Empty
PostSubject: Coolant leak   Coolant leak Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 4:55 pm

Hi, I have a 2006 Hiace 200 series import, 2l petrol 1TR-FE engine. I noticed the other day that the coolant tank was empty. Topped it up (a litre and a bit) and ran the engine. There appears to be a slight drip at the back above the gearbox. very hard to see clearly and it looks like the manifold will need to come off to get at it. Has anyone any thoughts as to what it could be and where's the best place to get replacement parts in UK. Thanks
Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

Number of posts : 151
Home City : UK
Model and year : 1993 Cruising Cabin, 4wd 3L engine.
Registration date : 2023-01-13

Coolant leak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant leak   Coolant leak Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 6:19 pm

Hello, what I did for parts in the UK was looked up the part numbers on Megazip ( you put in your chassis number and get a whole load of exploded diagrams ) and then went to Autodoc and put in the number, if they have a replacement you can see the original Toyota number in the parts information. Amayama is another website that does the same thing but can be easier to navigate.

Once you have the number you can then start searching and if it's not in the UK then you might have to order from Japan. You can also try wandering in to a Toyota dealer and get them to find the number.

If it's just a hose you should be able to get that anywhere, it might even be that a clip fell apart ( happened to me ) and I don't think you need to go totally genuine with something like that.

You could try filling up your reservoir with water and squeezing hoses to get a good idea where it's coming out from, the bit that sprays or starts making a puddle will be the guilty one !
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Coolant leak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant leak   Coolant leak Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 9:11 pm

Hello Hannah

NickZ is bob on with his suggestions. If you want to read a more expansive post that brings together all sorts of resources and angles for thinking, you might like to look at the longish first post in my ‘Show Us Yours!’ section? This is accessible via the home area and is where various members have posted about their vans. It’s my write-once, refer-to-often post on resources, links, etc.

Your 2006 might be towards the modern end where these resources and links are relevant but you won’t know until you take a look.

Also on my show us yours first page (below the pictures of the rear brake drums) is a fairly long post on cooling. Again, it’s written from the perspective of a H100 but I’d expect there to be general similarities between the H100s and 200s.

The cooling system in Hiaces is fairly complicated (I think), a fact added because of the shape of the vans and where things are.

I wouldn’t want to speculate what the issue might be but rather than remove the manifold it’s a lot easier to look from below (some panels might need to come off) or from further back (even if the seat has to come out).

It might depend on the ancillaries you have. Autos tend to have a transmission cooler built into the upright radiator with feed and return lines. Vans with rear heaters have piping that goes from near the thermostat housing back then across to the right then rearwards (and back).

Hope this helps and good luck!!

Hope it's something simple.
Back to top Go down
Hanah

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Ware UK
Model and year : Hiace 200, 2006. Camper conversion
Registration date : 2023-11-20

Coolant leak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant leak   Coolant leak Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2023 9:18 am

Many thanks for the information. That's really helpful. Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coolant leak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coolant leak   Coolant leak Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coolant leak
Page 1 of 1