Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ThoranX

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Seattle, WA
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Super Custom
Complectation: LH123V-ERPDS
Production Period: 08.1989 - 08.1998
Body: V1
Grade: DX
Options: 4FC HRF 4D SG 06S 1000K DSL 2WD
Registration date : 2023-11-09

Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Empty
PostSubject: Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom   Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2023 11:07 pm

Hello!

We just bought a 93 Super Custom long and high-roof Hiace. Waiting for it to be shipped but I just got some more pics. We need to be able to sleep 4. It doesn't appear to come with any loft bed atm, but I do see some brackets that might be for one. Does anyone have any ideas or other suggestions to comfortably sleep 2 adults and 2 kids?

Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Dsc01410
Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Dsc01411
Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Dsc01412
Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Dsc01416
Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Dsc01417
Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Dsc01418
Back to top Go down
NickZ
Been here a while
Been here a while
NickZ

Number of posts : 155
Home City : UK
Model and year : 1993 Cruising Cabin, 4wd 3L engine.
Registration date : 2023-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom   Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2023 8:33 pm

Hammocks above the bed, sides on an awning that makes a tent ?

ThoranX likes this post

Back to top Go down
ThoranX

PostSubject: Re: Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom   Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2023 10:49 pm

Thanks! Looking into hammocks. Curious about these brackets on these wooden cross bars. Was hoping to see what they might be used for.
Back to top Go down
JonlyDonly

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Portland
Registration date : 2023-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom   Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2023 2:01 am

I have a high top 95 hiace it has a upper sleep area that could fit kids but that one in the pictures isn't as high plus these things are super narrow. four no matter what would be a major challenge or nightmare
Back to top Go down
Aussie Pete

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Sydney- Australia
Model and year : 1995 Super Custom - 2.8 Diesel - Part-time 4WD Professionally converted to Campervan by Discoverer, with pop-top roof. In 2007, I modified the engine to add a turbo which has been a great success.
Registration date : 2011-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom   Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2023 4:00 am

Hi from Sydney Australia,
I have had a 1995 4WD Super Custom for over 20 years now and it is still going strong.  It originally had the low roof roof, but that was replaced with a pop-up roof (canvas sides) when it was converted to a campervan in 1999, (a few years before I purchased it) complete with queen bed, kitchen, 12/240v fridge etc. I have used it to go touring into remote parts of Australia with 2 adults and 2 teenage kids, but I tow a small lightweight fold up 2 berth trailer.
(Trying to add a photo) Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Img_0710

The van has a 2.8L Diesel motor, but with its overall weight it was too unresponsive, so I added a turbo unit soon after purchase.

Getting back to your very smart looking van, I'm reasonably certain it already has 1 bunk up top, that is blue canvas(?) rolled onto an aluminum tube, which fits into the two slots on the cross braces. The braces look they can be removed when not in use.  It looks like provision has also been made for a narrower bunk on the other side.  The row of seats immediately behind the driver, should have folding squabs so that after removing headrests they fold down to make a queen bed, butting up against the next row of seats.

Hope this helps.  Prior to this campervan, I had a LWB Hiace (but not Super Custom) with a campervan conversion, pop up roof, with 2 canvas bunks up top suitable for kids up to about 10, with similar cross supports and adults sleeping underneath.
Regards

ThoranX likes this post

Back to top Go down
ThoranX

PostSubject: Re: Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom   Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2023 6:02 pm

Aussie Pete wrote:
Hi from Sydney Australia,
I have had a 1995 4WD Super Custom for over 20 years now and it is still going strong.  It originally had the low roof roof, but that was replaced with a pop-up roof (canvas sides) when it was converted to a campervan in 1999, (a few years before I purchased it) complete with queen bed, kitchen, 12/240v fridge etc. I have used it to go touring into remote parts of Australia with 2 adults and 2 teenage kids, but I tow a small lightweight fold up 2 berth trailer.
(Trying to add a photo) Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Img_0710

The van has a 2.8L Diesel motor, but with its overall weight it was too unresponsive, so I added a turbo unit soon after purchase.

Getting back to your very smart looking van, I'm reasonably certain it already has 1 bunk up top, that is blue canvas(?) rolled onto an aluminum tube, which fits into the two slots on the cross braces. The braces look they can be removed when not in use.  It looks like provision has also been made for a narrower bunk on the other side.  The row of seats immediately behind the driver, should have folding squabs so that after removing headrests they fold down to make a queen bed, butting up against the next row of seats.

Hope this helps.  Prior to this campervan, I had a LWB Hiace (but not Super Custom) with a campervan conversion, pop up roof, with 2 canvas bunks up top suitable for kids up to about 10, with similar cross supports and adults sleeping underneath.
Regards

Thanks everyone for the info. Love your setup Aussie Pete. We are excited for adventures. Some delay in shipping due to height, will update once we receive it.

How is the turbo working out for you. We are somewhat concerned of the power. Live in Washington state and mountain passes might be tricky....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom   Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loft bed suggestions for high roof super custom
Page 1 of 1