Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Adding roof fan to Super Custom Limited

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aistobistoc

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2018-10-19

Adding roof fan to Super Custom Limited Empty
PostSubject: Adding roof fan to Super Custom Limited   Adding roof fan to Super Custom Limited Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 10:20 pm

Hey all,

I recently picked up a 1993 Super Custom Limited with 3 sunroofs, I wanted to turn this into a camper conversion but have run into a big issue which is how to install some type of ventilation system like a Fantastic fan/maxxair fan. I need 14"x14" opening...has anyone successfully cut a hole in the roof anywhere with the triple sunroof? It looked like it could potentially go behind the big middle one (and make the middle one un-usable as it would go in the place that the middle roof retracts into) but I have no idea what's under the roof interior and don't want to tear it off as I don't know if I will be able to get it back once I do that.

Any ideas or photos of a triple sunroof model with the interior removed?
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Adding roof fan to Super Custom Limited   Adding roof fan to Super Custom Limited Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 9:59 pm

No, behind the middle sunroof is the sunroof rails and where both sunroof and blind stow when open. The rails pretty much go back right until the twin rear sunroof so there's no space there unless you remove the ability to slide the middle roof.

I'm not sure why you need to add ventilation to a van that has the ability to pop up front and rear roofs in a reasonably waterproof way, and also if you have the front window covers you can leave the front windows cracked open a little.

Removing the seats and designing a working camper layout is probably more important, I had some ideas about that.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Adding roof fan to Super Custom Limited   Adding roof fan to Super Custom Limited Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2018 9:51 am

When stationary a big fan is what you want. When it is really hot, an open sunroof is not enough.
We are happy with our Maxxair. But having the sunroofs already, I would try to add a huge fan in the opening of the sunroof. Maybe just by putting it on the edge of opening so you can remove it when closing the sunroof and you dont change the interior.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adding roof fan to Super Custom Limited   Adding roof fan to Super Custom Limited Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adding roof fan to Super Custom Limited
Page 1 of 1